Chapter 22

Lena's POV

I gradually could begin to see her face and saw worry in her ocean eyes. I looked away in shame and hugged myself. I didn't want Kara to see me this way. So weak and vulnerable.

"Lena.... I know you're probably still mad but we both know that you can't do this on your own" she says softly. It doesn't sound like someone telling you that you're weak enough that you can't even walk on your own. It was more of a way of telling me that I'm not alone and I have a shoulder to cry on.

"I dont like when we fight" I whisper. Kara wraps her arms around me and I return the hug. I wasnt sure how long we had stayed that way but Kara finally pulled back and tucked a stray strand of hair from my face.

"I promise to never make you feel less than ever again okay? You know you're my favorite genius right?" she murmurs with a smile. I smile in return and shake my head. "Speaking of genius I see you've been busy. What are you making?"

I immediately freeze and a stone drops in my stomach. I havent told her about any of this yet! I struggle to find the right words to say when I see her put a hand on the side of the crib I've been working on.

"Is this..... what I think it is?" she whispers shakily. I bite my lip nervously and wait to see what happens. Her eyes meet mine and I'm almost frightened. 

Kara slowly makes her way over me and my back is pressed against the table. She pushes flush against me and I could feel her breath on my face. I see her hand make to grab something and I watch to see what it does.

She grabs the little box on the table and throws it to the trash bin that I have in my lab. I could hear it clatter down and I glance back at her. She threw away the birth control.....

"Does that mean what I think it does?" I whisper. Kara's hand then gently grabs the side of my neck and she gives a slow and passionate kiss.

"Are-are you?" she begins to stammer against my lips. My legs turn to jelly and I have to grip onto her. I pull her back into me and I smile.

"Not yet, but it seems you're ok with the idea?" I look up at her. Kara simply grins and I'm swept off my feet.

When I woke up Kara was laying facing away from me. I snuggled up into her back and kissed her bare shoulder. I felt her stir and she turned to face me.

"You made me sore" I mumble.

"Perks of being an alien" she mumbles back.

I trace random shapes up her side and she places a kiss on my forehead.

"I have to head to the DEO. I can hear Alex calling me" she grumbles. I chuckle and release her from my embrace.

"Go on Supergirl. I'll wait for you here" I smile. In a flash she was gone and I hugged her pillow.

I smiled still as I could still smell her on the pillow and cuddled further into our covers. I had dozed off for a few minutes when I heard Kara return.

I peeked at her from our bed and saw that she was covered in ashes.

"Darling, are you alright?" I giggle.

"Peachy" she says as she crosses her arms. I get out of bed and motion for her to come to me. When she stands right in front of me, I grab both sides of her cape and lightly pull her toward our bathroom.

"Then why dont we go wash off?" I whisper. Kara sounds like she nearly growls and it catches me off guard. I had never heard that from her before. And I want it more than anything in that moment.

Kara's POV

Ever since our big argument, and my discovery of the baby furniture and things, Lena has used every possible free moment to jump me. I dont mind it, of course, but it's just different. There are things that I will do with her that I have never done before or thought of. The most prominent thing , being that we're married, is that I can show all of myself to someone and be completely vulnerable. At rate that we were headed I knew that there wouldnt be long before Lena had told me of some baby news. I was excited and Alex had been pestering me on when the baby would come. It was all up to Lena now.

I was filing away some old articles that I had written when I heard a knock at my door. I look up to see Lena with a Big Belly Burger bag and a grin on her face.

"Good to see that you're sticking to your diet" I tease. She rolls her eyes and glides over to me.

"You used to bring me these and donuts to our little office meetings all the time. Have you forgotten love?" she smiles.

"How could I forget our story?" I laugh. Lena gives me a small smile and leans against my desk. 

"Are you going to help me eat this with your unearthly metabolism or are you going to make me eat everything?" she quirks an eyebrow. I slowly take the bag from her hands and plant a kiss on her nose. 

"Leave you to eat without me? Unheard of" I grin. 

Once we had finished eating I noticed that Lena did eat more than usual. I didnt think much of it since thats what I've been trying to get her to do.  maybe that baby news will come sooner than i thought....

When I arrived home that night Lena didnt try to jump me. I enjoyed the night snuggled up with her on the couch as we watched Star Wars. I pulled the blanket around us closer and let her lay on top of me. 

"Kara?" I heard Lena call to me but she seemed nervous. 

"Yes?"

"How many kids would you like to have?" she asks quietly. I could hear her heart beating erratically and placed a kiss to her temple to calm her. 

"How many do you plan on having?" I respond with a chuckle. 

"Maybe two or more, but I could never say for sure with our situation. If they have your powers and my smarts Im sure we will have our hands full" she says softly.

"Then let's hope that we get one of each" I joke.

I pull her closer to me and wrap my arms and legs around her. I nuzzle her neck and hear her laugh. The last thing I could remember was Lena playing with a strand of my hair before I fall asleep.