Chapter 2

Lena's POV

The blonde reporter had really caught my attention. For whatever reason, I thought about her when I was asked to give a statement on the train explosion. As I was writing my statement down to tell Ms. Danvers I remembered the reveal ceremony in a few weeks. Maybe she could write it for me. It would give me an excuse to see her and find out more of who she is.

I called Cat Grant and asked for the reporters contact information. I gave her a call and my heart rate was faster than normal. Odd. I brushed this feeling off as I do everything else and tried to remain calm through our conversation. Once I hung up I prepared my work for the next day so that I had time set aside to give Kara my full attention. I-I mean Ms. Danvers.

I shook my head and went to get ready for bed. My room was quite big for a single woman. I looked around me and sighed. I put on my tank top and left my boy short underwear on. I made my way beneath my light grey covers and eventually drifted to sleep with the blue-eyed reporters face flashing behind my eyelids.

*****

I woke up with sunshine on my face. I yawned as I stretched only to find I wasnt alone. I immediately froze and slowly looked to the figure beside me. Blonde hair poked out from under the blankets and the figure began to stir. My limbs felt like cement and I was unable to move. Blue eyed then peeked out at me and a bright smile was directed to me.

"Good morning" she whispered. She placed a brief kiss on my nose and I felt my cheeks begin to burn. Lena Luthor does not blush! Why is she here? What the hell happened last night?

I let out a breath of relief when I saw that I still had all of my clothes on.

"Are you ok Lena?" Kara asked concerned.

"Y-yeah, just caught off guard" I stammer. I already love how she says my name.

She gives me a sympathetic smile and wraps her arms around me. I melt into them but I'm still curious how we got into this situation.

"Not that I dont want you here, but I cant seem to remember what happened last night" I say sheepishly.

"You are too funny. I just moved in a week ago, remember?" Kara laughs. My eyes widened at this and I could only nod.

When did this happen? This must be a dream, right? Why would I be dreaming of this reporter? I've only just met her!

"I'm going to go out for a second" I say quietly. Kara kisses my temple and walks to the bathroom we apparently share now.

I paced my balcony trying to figure out how this could have happened. It didnt quite feel like a dream, but I knew this could never be reality. I paused for a second to look out at the city and sighed deeply. I felt two arms circle around my waist then and Kara rested her chin on my shoulder.

"I understand you're stressed right now, but I want you to know you can talk to me. I'm here for you, always" she murmurs into my ear.

"This is just going to take a minute to get used to. Thank you for believing in me when no one else does" I smile softly.

"Of course. I'm going to go get changed and I'll meet you for our lunch date? Dont forget our kiss goodbye this time!" Kara skips off in the direction of our room once more, leaving me in a stupor of confusion and longing. Confusion of how this is all happening, and longing as my body seems to naturally be drawn to the reporter.

I close my eyes and open them to see I'm still on the balcony. I walk inside and see that there are a few things that have changed. The furniture, appliances, and of course my bedroom has an extra dresser. I walk to my closet to pick out a dress for work and slip it on. When I walk out Kara is grabbing her satchel to take to work as well.

"I'll see you at our usual time unless I'm stuck on assignment somewhere" Kara says. She reaches a hand out to me and cups my cheek. She leans forward and her lips settle gently on mine. My own hands seem to have a mind of their own and grip her waist. Well, if it is a dream....

"I will see you later, darling" I smile. My lips feel tingly and butterflies roam about my stomach when I spoke.

The next thing I knew I blinked and was in my old bedroom. No extra dresser. I look to my clock on the nightstand to see that its 5:30am. What a strange dream. My body was still buzzing from the feelings and I tried to shrug them off. I hope they dont resurface at our meeting today...

Kara's POV

I woke up with my cheeks burning, a cold sweat, and goosebumps surrounding me. My dream was so strange. I got out of bed and let it play so vividly in my head once more.

*****

There was a prickling at the back of my head. Something wasnt right. I felt the earth beneath me shake and turned to see my planet. Everything seemed peaceful at first. Then there it was. An explosion in the distance. I couldnt hear anything from afar but it looked terrifying. In a blink I was at the Searching Room. The screen above me said 'Soulmate'. I watched as I saw a young teen girl. Her long raven-hair, piercing emerald eyes, and silky-looking pale skin made my heart stop. What does this mean? Lena isnt Kryptonian.

I was frustrated with my mind. 12 was the magic number on Krypton where everything happens at once. Finish school, get a job, and find your soulmate. Kryptonians were matched before life began and were brought together by fate. No force in the universe could ever break the bond. My soulmate died along with my planet before I could find out who it was.

I felt the ground shake again and this time I could hear the explosion. I continued to watch the girl on the screen as she stared back at me. Theres no way this could be possible.... could it? The next thing I knew a flash of white and I was awake.

*****

I shivered at the thought of my dream and brushed my teeth. It was vivid and felt so real that it really scared me. There was no way that Lena could ever be my soulmate. She's human! I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I had to watch my planet die again. I wiped the tear away hastily and grabbed my satchel for work.

When I made it to my desk I saw a note I had left myself. Lunch with Lena Luthor. I froze for a second before sitting down and staring at my handwriting. There would have to be a miracle for me to get through this lunch without embarrassing myself. Especially after seeing her in my dreams last night.