Chapter 14

Lena's POV

Everything was finally looking brighter for me. I had friends that I trusted. A soon-to-be family of people that loved me and that I loved in return. I also had an adorning fiancee that made me feel like I was normal. Not some CEO, ice queen, murderer, or worse, a Luthor. I finally was something other than a family name. I was Lena. Lena Zor-El.

I smiled at the sound of my name in my head. Even with stacks of papers in front of me, nothing could ruin my good mood. I read through my paperwork when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I called. When I looked up from my desk I expected to see Kara, but mother stood there instead.

"Mother" I growled, standing up.

"Lena, dear, how are you?" She said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"I'm was doing just fine without your presence in my office. What is it that you want?" I say coolly.

"My is that any way to greet your mother? I thought we taught you better than that Lena" she chided. "I want you to caution yourself with that reporter girl."

"Kara? Shes smart. What ever it is that she is getting close to she will find it. What secret exactly are you keeping from me this time that you're so threatened by a reporter?" I smirk.

"I am warning you Lena. This girl is a threat to you just as much as she is to me. Do you know the true identity of your so called friend? The abilities she has besides spoiling my plans?" She says smugly. I knew what 'secret' of Kara's she was going to reveal so I merely played along.

"She is intelligent, is very good with words, and is a better friend than you ever were family" I respond.

"She is also a Kryptonian. Cousin of the same Kryptonian that put your brother in prison" she says angrily.

"Is that such a crime? She cant help who she is. Lex did many horrible things mother. Horrible things that I am still cleaning after" I say exasperated.

"You would turn on your own family for an alien?" She murmurs.

"I believe your unwelcomed stay is up. You may leave the same way you came in" I dismiss.

"You may think you know Kara Danvers but she has more secrets than you think" she snarls. My mother leaves my office with a slam of the door and I sigh.

I trust Kara with every fiber of my being and I felt guilty of the pang of uneasiness that had worked it's way into me. Could Kara still be keeping something from me?

I hated when my mother visited. I began to question things I knew. Tonight I would be meeting Kara for dinner and wedding plans. I loved that she allowed me free range to plan things. I wanted her to add things that she had liked but she had said that weddings were not a main event kind of thing on Krypton.

I finished my paperwork to realize that I was late to meeting with Kara.

"Shit" I hissed under my breath. I rushed out of my office and pulled out the keys to my car. The jingling of keys was the last thing I remember before pain and darkness took over.

Kara's POV

I waited at our table for 15 more mins before I really began to worry. I knew Lena could get very focused in her work, but she was never late to our dinner dates. She seemed really excited to wedding plan too. Keep calm you paranoid Kryptonian. Shes probably just trying to finish some things up at the office.

I nervously bit a nail and waited. 10 more minutes went by and I finally cracked. I stood up and went out of the restaurant. Going into an alley, I made sure no one followed and flew to L-corp.

I landed on Lena's balcony but no lights were on. There was no sign of her anywhere so I decided to look around the city for her car. Just as I turned I realized it was right below me. I landed next to it and saw that Lena's hairpin was on the floor. She never drops a hairpin. They are always perfect. I began to panic and called Alex.

"Alex! Lena is missing!" I practically yell.

"How long has she been missing?" Alex asks.

"Um. About an hour or so? Does it matter? Help me find her!"

"Kara, calm down. Is she at her office or something? Maybe she went home?"

"No we were supposed to meet for dinner but she didnt show up. She said that we would have dinner and talk about things for the wedding. I thought she was probably just busy with some paperwork but shes not in her office. Then I thought that she just went ahead to the restuarant but her car was here. Then I found one of her hairpins and she never drops a hairpin. Shes really particular about her image and makes sure everything is perfect so I knew something was wrong. Now please Alex will you just help me find her?" I finish rambling.

"Ok, ok, geez. You said you found her hairpin on the floor outside of Lcorp?" She asked.

"Yeah, do you think her mother would take her?" I bit my lip.

"Its possible. I'll send a BOLO out to NCPD and see if they can help too. If Lillian took Lena she must have something on her agenda. Go ahead and fly around and see if you can see her. We'll find her Kara" Alex soothed.

"I hope so" I muttered. I hung up the phone and took off into the air to look for Lena.

I searched for hours until I finally hovered over the city and closed my eyes. I strained my superhearing hoping that I could catch a whisper of Lena's voice. I tried to block out the sounds of the city and let out the breath I was holding.

"You wont get away with this mother. I wont let you" I heard a voice growl. It sounded distant, but it also sounded like Lena.

In a burst of speed I left a streak in the sky as I made my way to my soulmate. I touched down near an abandoned factory. I sent Alex my location and cautiously walked inside. It was empty but I could hear movement beneath me.

I found a secret hatch and descended into an underground bunker. I slid past guards and made my way toward the sound of Lena and Lillians voices. I peered around a corner to see Lena tied to a chair and Lillian typing something onto a massive computer.

"If you do this you will be sentenced to death once you're captured" Lena hissed.

"Oh dear, I had no intention of being captured. With Supergirl gone, Lex can finally rejoin the family without an alien getting in the way. Next will be Superman" Lillian sneered.

"Not if you cant get through me first" I snarl. I see Lena's emerald eyes flash in my direction and a look of terror takes over her features.

"Ms. Danvers. How nice of you to join us. You are the guest of honor you know" Lillian chuckles.

"Whatever it is you are planning needs to stop. Let Lena go and come quietly" I say sternly.

"My, my Supergirl. Willing to save a Luthor? Are you sure shes eith rescuing? Lena will grow into her family's Gene's yet" she says.

"Its Zor-El" Lena growls lowly behind her. She stands up, having untied herself, and shoves her mother away from the computer. I rush forward to grab Lillian until I see a knife to Lena's neck.

"Zor-El? You are a Luthor. Who is Zor-El?" Lillian grunts.

"I am" I reply. Lillian looks between us, understanding dawning on her, and her hold tightens around Lena.

"What have you done to my daughter! Lena is a Luthor and will never associate with a Super!"

I watch in horror as the knife that is at Lena's neck comes up to stab her chest and my life suddenly turns into a nightmare.