Chapter 5

Lena's POV

I was flying. I could feel the wind in my hair once more and I reveled in the feeling of those arms around me. They were strong yet gentle and made me feel safe.

When I looked up into those blue eyes my heart stopped. Kara? I shook my head but she was still there. We landed back in the field and she gave me a quizzical look.

"Are you alright Lena?" She asked. She put a hand softly on my cheek and I trembled.

"You're Supergirl?" I whispered.

"Yes, we've talked about this, love. Are you sure you're ok?"she said worriedly. I was taken aback by her affection and shook my head again.

"This doesnt make any sense" I whispered. I held my head in my hands and I jolted awake.

A dream. I groaned and put an arm over my face. what would Kara be doing in my dream as Supergirl? Why do I still keep seeing her as more than a friend?

Frustrated, I got out of bed to see a message from the one that I see in my dreams.

Kara 😃: Hi Lena! Snapper asked that I do another article on you. Are you up for some more lunch dates? My treat this time though!

I couldn't help but smile at this despite my inner turmoil.

Lena 😶: Time spent with you is always a pleasure Ms. Danvers. Same as before?

Kara 😃: Sure! Looking forward to seeing you again 🤗

I didnt trust myself to send anything in return so I left it at that. I got dressed for work and made my way to L-corp.

*****

The rest of my day was uneventful and the next thing I knew there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I called.

My ray of sunshine poked her head through the door and I blushed. Sunshine?

"Hi, I figured you were busy and I would just walk with you when you were ready. Not to rush you or anything. Just take the time you need. I know you're a busy woman and all so dont mind me. I can jus-" I cut off her rambling with a smile.

"Its fine really Kara. I'm almost done and we can walk over to the cafe."

She simply nodded and sat down on the couch. Once finished, we sat down at the cafe in the table we had before. I could tell that this would be our spot. Our spot. I shook my head.

"So, what kind of interrogation will it be this time?" I tease.

"No interrogation at all! The article is just supposed to be who you are really. What kind of person you are. I did show some in the last article but that was mostly about your upcoming project" she explained.

"I see. Well, fire away Ms. Danvers."

"Alright, so what was your childhood like?" She asked.

"It wasnt the brightest but I know that its helped me become the person I am. My mother, or adoptive mother, had always favored Lex. They had always shared the same ideas, but I saw darkness in what they believed. When Lex had turned and become the cillian everyone knows I vowed I would never be like him. I instead pushed myself through school. Studied different things all together. I guess you could say I was a bookworm" I laughed.

"What are some qualities that you think people should know about you?"

"Well, I'm not sure. I guess I could say I'm driven. Determined to make a name outside of the Luthors. I'm compassionate to the people around me that I care about" I paused when I noticed Kara give a small smile. "I'm not sure what else to say."

"Well, you could say something silly that allows readers to relate to you. Like you hate flying or are afraid of heights" she shrugged.

"How did you know I hated flying?" I questioned. My dream then came to mind and I became suspicious.

"I-well.. you just- ...lucky guess?" she stammered. I eyed her for a moment and let her continue.

The rest of the interview was less awkward and filled with laughter. Kara continuously fixed her glasses and gave me those looks. I enjoyed learning more about this woman, and I found that I liked showing her my true colors as well.

All too soon I had to go back for a meeting.

"This was by far the most fun I've ever had in an interview" I smiled at her.

"You are by far the only one I've ever interviewed so I suppose I'll have to keep it up?" she laughs.

"I know you'll do great."

I gave her a hug and there was something familiar about the way her arms wrapped around me, but I couldnt put my finger on it.

Kara's POV

The interview with Lena was the most fun I'd had in a while. I loved the way we connected so easily. Learning more about her personally made me think that my dream really could be possible. The thought sent butterflies to my stomach. Should I tell her? Was it too soon? She seemed to have a look in her eye that told me she felt something at least.

*****

I opened my eyes to see my home. My real home. Krypton was just as I remembered it. Green trees and bushes covered the hills and mountains. The city, bustling with Kryptonians. I looked down to see that I was in a ocean blue dress similar to my mothers. A floral band was around my head. I found myself on top of one of the hills and saw Lena standing not far off. She wore a white gown that flowed down to her ankles. Her raven hair in neat curls. Her emerald eyes burning my skin, filled with love. Her hand reached our for me to hold and I took a step forward. The ground beneath me shook and I saw Lena fall away from me. I ran as fast as I could to get to her, but she was already gone. I saw fire rain down on my planet again and tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked to where Lena disappeared and let out a guttural roar. Slamming my fists down on the ground the land split and I was again in darkness.

*****

I woke up in a cold sweat and dread filling my veins. I hurriedly snatched my phone and dialed a number. I hadn't bothered to look at the time. It rang three times before she answered.

"Hello?" Came Lena's raspy voice. God that voice.... focus!

"Hey, its Kara. I'm sorry I called you, probably at an unholy hour, but I just had a bad dream and wanted to make sure you were ok" I said embarrassed.

"I'm fine, Kara. I've been home most of the night. Are you ok?" she asked quietly.

"I'm fine just-...... bad dream that's all. I'm really sorry for waking you" I bit my lip.

"Really it's fine. I'm glad you seem so concerned for me. Now, I'll see you later today ok?" she said sleepily. I smiled and nodded my head as if she could see me.

"Ok. Good night Lena. Lo-Later!" I quickly pressed the end call button and my hand shook. Had I really almost said it?