Chapter 35

Lena's POV

I placed Alex gently into the little carrier that I had strapped around me. Her head still bobbed about not being able to hold her own yet. I place a hand softly on the back of her head so she would rest against my chest. I was taking her to Lcorp with me because I needed to pick up some things from my lab. Kara was at Catco and has been fairly busy as Supergirl lately. Though I missed when she was gone she would still make me feel like she was always there.  I wore flats instead of heels as I have become paranoid with not dropping my precious bundle. Kara had also argued about my safety and the babys with me wearing my usual business attire.

Sam saw me approaching and smiled widely.

"Lena! Is this the new addition to the Damvers household?" She says. Sam lightly rubs the back of her finger on Alex's cheek to which she smiles.

"It is. I'm just here to retrieve something from my lab. How are things here with me on maternity leave?" I respond.

"Everything is fine. I can help you with your things if you want? You've already got your hands full" Sam smiles.

"Sure. I'll show you what it is."

We walk to my lab and Sam looks around in wonder.

"I feel like I'm in the future. What was it that you needed?" I chuckle at the look of a child in a candy store.

"Its that stuffed toy. As well as that pacifier that I have on the table" I say. I motion to my worktable and she picks up the items.

"You thinking of becoming a toy maker?" She asks in confusion.

"No. Kara had gotten them for Alex before she was born but we left them here by mistake. I havent been able to come to retrieve them until now" I explain. It was a lie of course but only to secure the secret of my daughters heritage. Her being a kryptonian was a secret I needed to keep safe. Even from Sam until I was sure I could tell her.

The bear and pacifier I made were specifically equipped to withstand great amounts of damage. In other words a Kryptonian baby who may try to tear it apart. The pacifier was also made to withstand her strong jaw. I couldnt very well let her suck on a normal pacifier and risk her choking on the rubber piece she bit off. 

"That makes sense. Kara is always forgetting something here" Sam laughs.

We make our way back out of my lab and I decide to pry a tad.

"So I've heard that you had drinks with Big Alex?" I grin. We really need to come up with nicknames.

"I did and it was nice. Very different than the guys who would take me drinking. They just wanted me to get drunk, but Alex was good. She wouldnt let me have anymore than two unless she drove me home. She was quite the gentlewoman actually. We are going to take Ruby down to a rope course this weekend" Sam blushes.

"So it was a date then? I only assume because you compared her to the men you've dated. I'm sure Alex will teach Ruby a very tactical approach to the ropes course" I say.

"N-no! We just went for drinks. I mean we did- we werent-...." Her face got incredibly darker and her voice trailed off.

"Dont worry I'm only teasing. I wouldnt be opposed if it were a date. You seem to have feelings for my sister-in-law and she feels the same. Though I should keep to the protective relative role and warn you to not break her heart" I laugh.

Sam could only blush more and smile at me. She nods her head and I leave to go to the DEO. Alex is having a check up today to ensure that she is healthy. I dont believe her to be unhealthy but it doesnt hurt to check.