Chapter 6

Lena's POV

I was worried about Kara. She had called me at nearly 2 in the morning about a nightmare. I wished that I could have comforted her at that moment but I had only known her for about a month. I hadn't had a dream last night. It almost scared me. I was looking forward to what it would be about this time. I noticed it was time that I met Kara and a knock sounded at my door.

"Come in." Kara poked her head into my office and looked down at the floor, almost in shame. I walked to her concerned and willed her to look at me.

"Are you alright Kara? I was worried about you all night" I confessed.

"I'm fine. Again, I'm really sorry to call you like that" she said, adjusting her glasses.

"Never hesitate to call me. Even for the little things. Now how about some food for that stomach of yours?" I smiled. I immediately saw her eyes light up and she nodded eagerly. I chuckled and walked with her to the cafe to our little table outside.

"Do you want to talk about the dream?" I asked quietly.

"Maybe later" she mumbled. We ate in a comfortable silence this time and decided to walk with the time we had left.

I noticed Kara scoff her shoes against the floor like Supergirl had in the field. When we had reached my office she continued to look down. Something possessed my body and my hand found her cheek. She had unshed tears in her eyes and I pulled her into a hug. I decided to test my theory of her being Supergirl.

"Maybe our next lunch date will be at a field. I took a walk there and it really helped to settle my mind" I smiled. I saw her eyes go wide for a moment and she nodded her head.

"I'll see you later darling" I said softly.

"Goodbye Lena" she responded quietly.

*****

I was in a strange room. I had never seen it before. It was simply designed but cute. I looked to the side out the window to see the early morning sun coming out. Something stirred to the left of me and I somehow knew it was Kara. I could feel the strong pull to her and I laid back down. I laid on my side facing her and her face finally peeked out of the blankets. She wasnt wearing her glasses and she looked exactly like Supergirl.

It was just an instinct that told me this was Kara, not just Supergirl. I pushed a strand of hair out her face and watched and she slept soundly. How am I getting these feelings? Why am I getting these feelings? It's like gravity pulling me to her. I shifted to get out of bed and looked out the window.

I could hear Kara getting out of bed and I waited for her to come and wrap me in her arms. As soon as I felt them I melted. Lena Luthor has found her weakness. A blonde reporter, and/or superhero, that has melted her frozen heart.

"You seem tense honey. Are you ok?" She murmured against my neck. My knees buckled a little at the feeling of her breath there and I turned in her arms.

"Its nothing darling. I'm just deep in thought" I responded. If only I was this bold and relaxed with the real Kara.

"Its time to wake up then" she whispered. I was confused and looked into those blue orbs. They started to fade out until she was gone.

*****

I hadn't heard from Kara in a few days. I shouldnt be worried since she has a life outside of reporting and our lunch dates. Still I wondered if she was alright. I finished out my paperwork and decided to walk home. I was not a block from the L-corp building when I heard something behind me.

"Its not safe to walk this late at night Ms. Luthor" Supergirl said.

"Well, with you popping in at the right moments, I would say I'm perfectly capable of stretching my legs. A friend had told me that walking would help clear the mind and relax me" I smiled.

"She would be right, but not at night. I could walk you home if you'd like" she offered.

"If it puts you at ease Supergirl."

Kara's POV

I hadn't spoken to Lena the past few days. I usually see her everyday and we needed to work on the article more, but I couldnt trust myself around her. I would say something that would make her suspicious or embarrass myself with hinting we were soulmates.

I continued to deny that Lena couldnt possible be my soulmate since she wasnt Kryptonian, until our last meeting. She had called me 'darling' and my world paused. It sent shock waves through me and I flew faster than I had ever gone. I flew around the world multiple times to try and tire myself from the energy that coursed through me. All from a simple term of endearment. It was then I knew it to be true. I didnt question it even if Lena was human. She was my soulmate. My next step was to win her over, but I was still scared. If I had lost her it would break me.

I paced around my office for a while deciding whether to go to Lena's office or not. I finally closed my eyes and rushed out, not letting myself think about it anymore. The next thing I knew I was standing in front of her door.

"She hasn't been herself the past few days. Maybe you could find out what it is?" Jess said quietly behind me.

"I'll do my best." I walked in to see her not at her desk. I looked around and spotted her on the balcony. I walk beside her and lean against the railing.

"What can I do for you Ms. Danvers?" she asked at almost a whisper.

"I should be asking you the same" I sigh. "I'm sorry I havent spoken to you. I just-....I dont even know why I did it."

"Its fine. We should just finish the article. I have to leave soon" she says.

"You have a meeting?" I ask.

"No, I'm taking a few days to myself. I'm going back to a place that I went to with Supergirl. It was calming and I havent had a vacation before. Might as well start now" she responds.

"Oh, I hope you get what you need then" I say quietly. I didnt like that my soulmate was going to be away, but I saw the look in her eyes and saw that something was troubling her.

"Thank you Kara. Now, why dont we start with that? I'll tell you all about my encounter with Supergirl" she brightens a bit.

"I'm sure it was interesting" I say trying to hide my smile. I know it was for me.

I thought back to when I had walked her home as Supergirl and smiled. She had seemed almost shy and I wondered why. I wanted desperately to tell her I was Kara but I held back. I couldnt risk something happening to the woman I love.

I jolted and hoped Lena didnt see. I did love her. This feeling that almost made me feel like I was flying. Like I was dizzy. Was love. I looked to the woman in question and her green eyes settled on me. My knees wavered and for a moment my eyes gazed over.

"I love you" I whispered under my breath.

"Wh-what?" Shit.