Chapter 25

Kara's POV

It's only been a few days since James came to my office to accuse Lena of cheating on me. As much as I hated it I did see a change in her. She was reserved and I could tell she was starting to pull away from me. I was panicking and I needed to get an answer.

"I'm going to be having lunch with Sam today. I will be back home around 6 today. Is that alright?" she says.

"Lunch again?" I raise an eyebrow. I see her cheeks turn a tiny of pink and I could hear her heart beating faster.

"Yes, as my CFO I thought would talk about work, but as friends I thought food would be nice as well" she says.

"I love that you're making friends but we dont have our lunch dates anymore. I miss them" I respond. I put on my puppy eyes and I see a small smile.

"I'm sorry darling, but not today" she murmurs. I was startled. She never turned down the puppy eyes. The puppy eyes didnt work. She kissed me goodbye and I stood in our livingroom completely baffled. James was right..... something is wrong.

As horrible as it is I decided to follow Lena to her lunch today. Her and Sam went to a little cafe and sat down. I watched as Lena seemed nervous and Sam placed a hand over hers. I used my superhearing and tried to listen to what they were saying.

"Lena, dont be so nervous. Itll be fine just tell her. Take her to the restuarant and itll be done" Sam said.

"I know it sounds simple but I just dont know what she'll say" Lena groans.

"I'm sure she'll be understanding Lena. You guys have been through worse right?" Sam smiles. They both laugh and Lena seems to perk up.

"I'm just so afraid that I'll get this wrong" Lena murmurs. I watch as Sam gets up and wraps Lena in a hug.

"I'm here for you. I'll be your escape routine if you chicken out and we'll have a movie night" Sam smiles.

I feel tears welling up in my eyes and I couldnt take it anymore. I walked quickly over to them but not quickly where people would be suspicious. As soon as I reached their table Lena had wide eyes and there was surprise and fear there.

"Kara?" She breathed out.

"Really? This is the secret you've been keeping? I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. I trusted you and here you are with her at our cafe?" I say. I really didnt want to cry but I felt like my heart was being filled with kryptonite.

"Kara, what are you talking about? I told you I would be having lunch with Sam" Lena said.

"You said lunch. Not a lunch date" I growled. We silently agreed to go back to Lena's office and I was fuming. I was sad about Lena but I was more angry at myself for not seeing it before.

Once the door was shut I turned to them with my arms crossed and a steely gaze.

"Kara I know you probably listened to our conversation but we can explain" Lena says tearfully.

"Theres no need. Sam has obviously stolen you. Who am I to get in the way?" I say sadly.

"Kara that's not-" Sam started to say but I turned with my finger held up.

"I want nothing to do with you. I need to leave" I grit.

"Kara would you just listen!? I'm not having an affair with Sam! She was helping me" Lena yelled.

"Helping you with what? If it's not an affair then was she helping you figure out how to leave? All you had to do was say so" I said angrily. I turned back around to leave and a tear escapes my eye.

"No you stupid Kryptonian! I'm pregnant!" I freeze in my tracks with my hand on the doorknob and my body suddenly wont move.

"What?" I whisper. I slowly turn back and Lena has tears running down her face. She walks over to me and put a hand on my face.

"You're going to be a mother darling" she whispers, lightly caressing my face. She takes the hand I had on the doorknob and places it on her stomach. "I was so afraid to tell you because I didnt want to mess this up. My mother was a vile woman and I feared that once I admitted it to you things would change.  I was going to tell you tonight. Take you to get potstickers and...."

She reached in her pocket and pulled out a fortune cookie from my favorite restaurant.

"Open it" she whispered. I cracked open the cookie and read the little paper inside.

There on the little piece of paper was a little pink plus sign. I turned over the paper in my hands and it read: Krypton continued... I began to sob uncontrollably and wrapped my arms around Lena. We stood there crying on each other and I heard Sam leave with a quiet goodbye. I looked down at the paper again and back up at Lena.

"I'm sorry I was such an ass. I should never have doubted you. I was just so scared that you would leave" I cried.

"I will never leave you Kara. You're stuck with me for the rest of eternity. I'm sorry I called you a stupid Kryptonian" she giggled. We both laughed a bit and I kissed her forehead.

"I was acting like a stupid Kryptoian wasnt I?" I smiled. Lena shook her head and pulled me in for a kiss. I grasped her waist and melted underneath her touch. We finally came up for air and I rested my forehead against hers.

"You know this means no late work nights right?" I tease.

"I intend to do any and every necessary precaution to take care of this baby" she giggles. I smile and pick her up. "Kara put me down!"

"In a moment. I want to spend some time with you" I murmur. I go to her couch and sit down. I pull her onto my lap and she cuddles into the crook of my neck.

"Can you hear it yet?" She whispers. I strain my hearing and try to listen for our babys heartbeat. I hear nothing and am a little discouraged but knew it would take time.

"Not yet love. Maybe a little later" I respond.

"I'll just listen to yours then" I could hear the smile in her voice and her rested against me further.

I lay her on her back and capture her leg between mine. I rest off to the side of her and wrap my arms securely around her. Something primal and natural told me to protect them at all costs. I knew I would, but it was something that I could feel pulsing through me. In my very soul. Mine and Lena's bond was unheard of in the first place. I could only imagine what this child will be like when I finally meet them.