Chapter 19

Lena's POV

A man. Brown hair, brown eyes, light beard. And his arms around my wife. I was confused. We sat at a booth of some sort and a glass of wine sat in front of me. I looked around and some of our friends had gathered in the booth talking amongst themselves.

As I remained in my stupor I didnt see Kara sliding closer to me. I felt her soft hand rest on mine and I flicked my attention in her direction.

"Are you alright Lena? You seem a little out of it" she asked concerned.

"I'm alright darling. I'm just thinking about things" I murmur. She nods her head uncertainly and goes back next to the man.

Said man gives me a glare and I'm even more confused than I was. Who was he? What is he doing with my wife? I took a sip from my wine and stood up. I cant be here. I know this is a dream. Kara would never do something like this to me.

"Lena?" I heard Kara calling my name but I ignored it. I kept walking away from the booth and out of the restaurant that we had apparently been at.

I pushed open the doors and stood on the sidewalk. My insecurity was getting the best of me and I knew I had to wake up. When I woke up Kara would be be-

"Lena? Where are you going? The party hasn't started yet" Drat Kara's ever need to comfort people.

I walked away and was pulled into an alley. My back hit the wall of the restuarant and Kara stood with her arms crossed.

"What has gotten into you? Has Lex contacted you again?" She practically growled.

"No" I said quietly.

"No? Then what is it? We're supposed to be having dinner for Sam's birthday. I'm sure she wouldnt mind if you needed to go home but I want to help. What's bothering you?"

"I cant be in there right now Kara! I cant see you wrapped in another man's arms. It hurts. It hurts so much that I feel like my heart has been shattered and the shards have now lodged into various places of my body. You may go back to the dinner but I cannot" I cry. Before I had met Kara I would have kept my blank and emotionless persona but now I cry at anything having to do with her negatively.

"Mon-El? I thought you liked Mon-El. You said you approved of our relationship" she said.

"No I did not! This is not real. You are no longer with Mon-El. You and I are married Kara. We were both bound and sealed as soulmates. We are Kara and Lena Zor-El. We are a super and a Luthor. Dont you understand? I love you" I whispered the last sentences and tried to read Kara's face. Her arms had uncrossed and she looked shocked beyond belief.

"I'm sorry Lena but I dont know what you're talking about" she said softly.

My knees became weak and I cried out wanting my nightmare to end. Kara placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.

I walked out of the alley way and stalked to an unknown destination. I hated that I was having this dream in the first place. For once I wish that the  training I had received from the Luthors would pull through. Lena Luthor was never insecure. She was confident, independant, and resourceful.

I look around into the night and feel anger eating at me. Silent tears escaped my eyes without my permission and slide down my cheeks. I find myself leaving the city.

As the buildings begun to dwindle I finally collapse. I fall to my knees and emotion overcomes me. Everyone all my life has pushed me and would see that I would have anything I wanted. Yet I was still unhappy and now the one thing that I want is out of my reach.

I hear something in the distance and turn to see a large fireball and smoke coming from the city. At that moment everything is in slow motion and I try to scream. There is only silence and I fear that my world is once more coming to an end.

*****

"Lena? Lena! Honey, it's me. Hey, you're ok just take a breath" I heard Kara's voice trying to soothe me. I bolted upright and saw that I was tangled in our sheets. Cold sweat clung to me and I was breathing heavily.

I turned to see Kara, hair a sleepy mess, eyes shining in concern, and lips in a tight line.

"I-I was just having a bad dream" I stammer.

"You cried in your sleep. Do you want to talk about it?" It was only then I had realized the wetness of my cheeks. I laid back down and shook my head.

"Just hold me" I whispered. Kara immediately pulled me into her and curled around my body protectively. She interlaced our fingers and I could feel her nose nuzzling my neck. I relished in the feeling of her against my back and gradually began to calm down.

"Good night. I love you" she murmured.

"I love you too. Good night love."

When we awoke again I was on top of Kara and had wrapped my arms and legs around her. I felt her stir and the arm that was up on her pillow around her head began to stroke my hair lightly.

"That feels good" I smile. I nuzzle into the crook of her neck and she giggles.

"Noted, but we have to get up now. Time for work" she grins.

"I would much rather stay here with you" I say mischievously.

"Lena Zor-El! You never skip work. Come on time to get up and get dressed."

I clung to her tighter as she stood and put her hands on her hips. I hung on to her and giggled. Sometimes it's amazing having an alien wife...

"Lenaa. I want to stay here with you just as much as you do but we really have to go" she whines. Suddenly my dream comes back to me and I slowly let my feet touch the floor. I still clung on to her and bury my face in her chest.

Kara noticed my change in behavior and wraps me in a tight hug.

"Is this about your dream?" She murmurs. I nod my head and she kisses the top of my head. "They are just dreams. No matter what happens in them, they will never happen."

"Its happened before Kara. I have dreamt of things that have come to pass. Whether they are dreams or not I'm afraid it will happen. It frustrates me that I feel this way but I worry. I worry that something will come between us. It's as if someone is telling me that you and I are not meant to be" I cry.

"Lena we are soulmates. You bear my name, there is no way that you were not meant for me. There have been horrible things that have happened in the past that lead up to you and I wouldnt change a thing. I would do it all over again if it meant that you were the light at the end of my tunnel. I would walk through a field of kryptonite just to see you. Whatever is happening in your dreams, and whether or not they come true, will not stop me from getting to you. We have saved the world together so many times that I dont think it's so much to ask that we be left in peace."

I pulled Kara into a kiss and wrapped my arms around her neck. Her hands grasped my hips and pulled me in. I smiled into her lips and pulled away. I looked into her ocean eyes and knew that I had the strength to overcome my nightmares.