Chapter 40

Kara's POV

There was a whirl of motion all around me and I got dizzy trying to keep track. Lena and Alex were barking orders while I lay on the hospital bed with contractions. Alex had called Sam to take care of Allie as we would be busy. Lena was finally by my side and held my hand. I looked down at them confused as I felt cold metal. I realized that she was wearing some type of glove and looked at her questioningly.

"As much as I love you I do not want a broken hand while you give birth to our child" she smiles. I scowl at her and grit my teeth as a contraction comes.

Why does this hurt so damn much?? I thought I couldnt be hurt. I grumble to myself.

Alex places my feet in the stirrups now and I struggle to keep my legs apart.

"You're doing fine Kara. Almost there and we can start pushing ok?" She says. I nod my head and groan as a bigger contraction comes.

A few minutes later Alex nods her head to Lena and my wife leans closer to me.

"Its time now darling. You may squeeze as hard as you can but you will need to start pushing. Wait for Alex to tell you ok?" She says soothingly. I nod again and wait for my sister to give me instructions.

"Ok Kara. On the count of three I want you to give me a big push. One, two, three!"

I push with all my might and searing pain spread throughout my lower body. I squeeze at Lena's gloved hand and cry out. I stop to rest and Alex repositions herself.

I keep pushing and pushing to the point I feel that I cant anymore.

"I can see the head. One more big push. Come on Supergirl! Let's do this!" Alex coaxes. I scream as I push with the last bit of energy I have left and feel extraordinary pain. Suddenly the pressure is released and cries fill the room.

"Its a boy!" Alex cheers.

"Darling! We had a son" Lena grins. Alex takes the baby for a moment to wash him while I lay back in my bed to catch my breath.

My wife kisses my sweaty forehead and holds onto my hands. She took the glove off and I can feel her thumb rubbing the top of my hands soothingly. Alex returns with our little bundle in a light blue blanket and hands him to me. I hold him in my arms and looked down at our new baby. Allie was born with darker hair and blue eyes. Our son has lighter hair and he starts to blink. His bright green eyes stare at us curiously and his little fists wave around.

"Hello. We're your mommies" Lena whispers. I look to see a smile on her face and unshed tears in her eyes.

I shift the baby to hand to Lena and she takes him with care. She gently rocks him and I feel a wave of love overcome me. Sam enters the room and brings Allie. The nearly one year old looks suspicious of the bundle in her mothers arms and approaches cautiously. Her stumbled walk ends at Lena's knees since shes sitting down.

"Do you want to see your brother?" She asks. She tilts slightly to give Allie a better look.

"Mine" Allie says. We all laugh and I pick her up.

"Yes, he's your brother. Some day we'll let you hold him but right now its naptime" Lena explains. Allie doesn't quite understand and instead turns to me.

"We still need to name him love" I say softly to my wife. Everyone in the room seems to get the idea it's a private moment and leaves quietly.

"Well I was thinking about keeping up with our theme" Lena says.

"What theme?"

"We named Allie after your sister. I was thinking of naming him after another Danvers that has had a big impact on you?" Lena asks.

"Jeremiah" I say.

"Its a good, strong name."

"I love it" I smile. Lena smiles back at me and Allie is gently playing with her brothers fingers.

We call everyone back in and they wait patiently to hear the new additions name.

"We decided to name him after another person who has greatly impacted our family. Someone that we know we would want our son grow up like. The new baby Danvers is named Jeremiah" I smile. Alex has tear streaming down her face and rushes over to hug us.

"Thank you. I dont even know what to say. I'll do the best I can to teach him the way Jeremiah did for me" Alex says. I hug her back and Allie goes in for a hug too.

The other agents and Sam congratulate us and the excitement finally dies down some. The days events start to take their toll on me and my eyes start to close.

"You sleep love. The children and I will be right here" Lena says softly.

Jeremiah lays in the small crib Alex brought, sleeping soundly and Allie is on the other hospital bed. I smile at them and turn to my wife.

"Will you sleep with me?" I smile.

"Of course. Anything for my soulmate."

Lena's POV

I have finally found happiness. My life as a Luthor has come to an end and my life as a Zor-El has begun. I have become quite close to Kara's mother. She visits often to see her grandkids and will work on some projects with me. We decided to take the kids once they were old enough to Argo City to learn about their Kryptonian heritage.

I feel proud of myself as Sam and Alex continue to grow in their relationship. Alex has the family shes always wanted and absolutely adores Sam's daughter. Kara continues with her work as Supergirl but has limited herself to emergencies. I know that it took a lot for her to do so but am grateful that she wants to spend time with our family.

Allie is asleep beside me on the couch holding her favorite stuffed puppy. Her  dark hair half covering her face. I smile down at her and Kara walks in holding Jeremiah. Since bringing him home a week ago he has been an absolute angel. Kara has one arm securely cradling him while the other holds a bottle to his mouth. His soft, golden baby curls leave me to imagine what Kara would have looked like as a baby.

"Unfortunately both of our children inherited my large appetite" Kara chuckles.

"Which bottle will this be?" I tease.

"Two. I even breast fed him! I think he may be worse than Allie" she grumbles.

I chuckle quietly tso I dont wake up our daughter and she sets the bottle down. Kara moves Jeremiah to her shoulder to burp him and softly rubs his back when he does. I watch as she rocks him gently and his little eyes begin to close. I grab the basenette and motion for her to set him down. We place a thin blanket with the House of El symbol on him and his little fist rests near his mouth.

With both kids asleep we retreat to the kitchen and sigh.

"Have I told you that I love you today?" Kara asks suddenly.

"No, I don't believe you have" I respond with a grin.

"Oh, maybe tomorrow then" she shrugs.

I grab hold of her and pull her close. My soulmate giggles in my arms and I place a kiss to her lips. I could feel her hands clasp behind my neck to secure me there. When we finally pull back I kiss the tip of her nose.

"I love you" I say quitely.

"I love you too." We close our eyes and soak up each others presence.

"Who would have thought that this all started in our dreams?"

THE END

******
That's a wrap! Honestly this has been a long road. I hope you all enjoyed and leave your comments! Some of the ones you raccoons leave have me dying. I dont knkw about making a sequel but I'm open to ideas! Also, I highly encourage you guys to read my other story called The Betrayed. I'm looking for feedback and would very much appreciate it. Until next time! Stay trashy Raccoons!