Chapter 37

Lena's POV

Honestly a pregnant Kara was the most adorable thing I've ever encountered. Apparently being Kryptonian enhanced some of the hormones of pregnancy and she was going rampant.

"Allie. My sweet baby girl. Let's give you a bath" she cooes. Allie smiles up at her mother and I follow them to the bathroom.

Kara begins undressing her and puts her into the infant bathing station that we had just bought. I watched as they played and Kara splashed water. My heart swelled with joy and love for the two people in front of me. Kara splashed the water and some bubbles of soap stuck to her nose. Allie giggled and babbled uncontrollably as she watched Kara intently.

Once her bath, and some what Kara's, was done I took her to be put down for bed. I sat in the rocking chair we had put in the nursery and rocked her. Kara leaned in the doorway and rested her head against the frame. I could see her smile and I returned it before looking back down at Allie.

At that moment our phone rang and Kara went to answer it. Allie had finally fallen asleep and I gently put her in her crib. I snuck out of the room and went to see who Kara was on the phone with.

"I'm sorry Alex that's awful! Do you need any help with anything? Oh that's good. Well, if you need anything you can always call us no matter what. I love you sis. I'll talk to you later" Kara hung up but I couldnt read her facial expression.

"What's wrong darling? Is Alex alright? You seem stressed" I worried.

"Alex broke her hand during an alien attack yesterday. She said she was fine and Sam is helping her out" Kara said.

I thought about Alex and Sam and knew that they would eventually give each other a shot. Kara placed her hands on my hips and pulled me closer. I tilted my head up and closed my eyes as she placed a kiss on my forehead.

"How are you feeling today Darling?" I asked.

"I'm alright. I know that I will have to take a break from being Supergirl soon and it's making me sad" she pouted.

"You cant very well carry on with Supergirl when your pregnant. Everything will be fine. It is getting late and you and I both have work tomorrow. I will be taking Allie with me. Sam has offered to care for her while I will be in the office" I smile. Kara nods and we head to our bedroom.

Kara throws on some pajama pants and tank top while I grab a nightgown. We both crawl into bed and I feel a protective arm circle around my waist. I smile and snuggle into her. Soon we were both asleep, praying our baby girl didnt wake us in five minutes.

*****

I had Allie balanced on my hip and I walked into the office. I had upped my security detail today since Allie would be here. We walked into the elevator and went to my floor. Alliw cooed and looked around with wonderment in her eyes. I kissed her soft cheek and stepped out of the elevator.

"Good morning Mrs. Danvers" Jess smiled.

"Good Morning. Is Sam in her office?"

"Yes ma'am. She said that you were dropping off Allie." I nod and walk into Sam's office that was next to mine.

"Hey you two! I've set up a blanket for her to lay on if you want to set her down" Sam gestured to the blanket covering the wide couch. I set her down and she watched me intently.

"She may cry for a few minutes but we want her to get used to not being held all the time. Considering how busy her mothers are we wont have two free hands all the time" I laugh. Part of what I say makes me flinch and my heart breaks. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my baby. I knew I would probably visit Sam's office multiple times today.