Chapter 18

Lena's POV

"Do you like it?" I asked. I bit my bottom lip nervously and waited for my fiancee to say something.

"Um, well- I.... I dont know what to say" she stammers.

"You dont like it do you?"

"Its not that I dont like it. It's just different. What exactly is this for again?" Kara adjusts her glasses and I notice a tiny of pink on her cheeks.

"Its called birth control darling. I just modified it due to our.... situation" I explain. Kara picked up the container I had on my lab table and studied it.

"How does it work? Is it a pill?" She continued to turn the container in her hands.

"No love. You wear it. Its microscopic but you just have to place it on your skin" I explain. Kara nods and sets the container back on the table.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" She asks quietly.

"I would like to think I'm getting rather impatient for it to take place" I smile. I feel Kara's fingers playing with mine and she lightly drags her fingers up my arms, just grazing my skin. My breath hitches as she takes a step forward and those cobalt eyes are shining down on me.

Her hand went to my shoulder, neck, and rested near my jaw where she lightly caressed it with her thumb. The burning within me was becoming overwhelming and I let out a shuttering breath.

"Me too" Kara whispered. She gave me a sweet and lingering kiss and I leaned against her.

*****

Not having Kara laying beside me was different and uncomfortable. I knew I would see her come morning, but I couldnt sleep. I tossed and turned and willed myself to sleep. The faster I slept the faster that morning would come.

When I finally did I dreamt of nothing. My mind had gone blank and it was the feeling of uneasiness that woke me up. I sat up and looked around my room. I sighed in relief that it was morning and excitedly got out of bed. It's my wedding day.

I nearly squealed at the thought of this day and hurriedly got ready to go to all of my appointments. I needed to go to the hair salon, makeup, and finally the dress. Kara's sister offered to go between the two of us but I knew she had wanted to spend time with her sister.

I entered the hair salon and noticed a familiar face.

"Ms. Sawyer?" I smiled.

"Hey Little Luthor. Ready for your big day?" Maggie smiled. I sat down at one of the chairs as the stylist began their work and sighed.

"I have been dreaming of this day for most of my life. A day I would hope my Prince charming would rescue me from the Luthors. Now its finally come and I have my hero" I gush. I was very much unlike myself today. My usual Luthor facade was no where to be found. The blank face has now turned to a happy smile. The prim and proper stature is now relaxed and almost childish. I couldnt ask for more.

"Well, I'll tell you what. You're alot more calm than Kara is. Alex texted me that Kara was on the verge of a nervous breakdown" Maggie chuckled. I frowned with concern for my soulmate and a churning in my gut appeared. I didnt like the idea of Kara in such a state.

"The poor thing. Hopefully Alex can calm her down" I bit my lip.

"Kara will be fine. Let's just focus on getting you ready on time, ok?" I nodded and sat still for the hair stylist to finish.

Several hours later I was finally ready. I looked in the mirror in my bridal room and turned to look at myself. My hair was curled and neatly pinned back with babysbreath flowers. My makeup was the usual except for the lighter pink lipstick. My dress, long and flowing, curving around my frame. My veil was neatly tucked in my hair and I flipped it over my face.

This is it. I'm getting married.

The butterflies and excitement coursing through my body nearly made me feel sick. Maggie entered my room and smiled.

"Well, arent you a sight to see. You ready to go?" She asks. I nod my head shakily and reach for her arm. "Theres no need to be nervous. It's just Kara."

"That's exactly why I'm nervous" I murmur back.

We walk to the end of the aisle and I catch a glimpse of Kara at the other end. My heart nearly stops and I somehow find the strength to walk forward. All of the guests are completely forgotten as I stare at my soulmate.

Her blonde hair was also curled and pinned back. A band of flowers on her head. Her dress was simple, like the typical clothing of a goddess and god did she look like one. I finally stood before her and she reached for my hands.

"I believe I am at a loss for words since there are none to describe how you look" I breathe.

"Always beating me to it" she whispers with a smile.

"Everyone, we are here today to seal the bond between these two women. Kara Zor-El and Lena Luthor. Anyone who objects please speak now or forever hold your peace" Jonn spoke.

"Now Ms. Danvers, please recite your vows." I could feel Kara's hands squeeze mine momentarily and I give her a reassuring smile.

"Lena, I honestly dont know what to say. The least I could say is thank you. My past was so full of darkness and sadness that I thought I would never be able to see the good of what my past has done for me. That changed the moment I met you. You brought out the light in those memories and I finally could smile again. Everyone warned me that you would hurt me and break my heart but you really just mended it. I love you Lena, more than you might imagine" she finished. We both had tears in our eyes and I knew it was my turn.

"People looked at me with hatred, fear, and disgust. Yet this reporter walked into my office and called me beautiful. I was such a broken person, walking with the shame of my last name, wearing it as a badge of selfloathing. From the moment you walked in to today you continued to pick up all of my poor little broken pieces and put them back together. We helped each other in different ways and I hope that will show just how much we have changed. For better, for worse, so long as we both shall live, I will always love you" I cried. Tears now streamed down both of our faces.

"Kara Zor-El. Do you take Lena Luthor as your lawfully wedded wife?" Jonn asked.

"I do." I squeezed Kara's hands and we smiled.

"Do you Lena Luthor, take Kara Zor-El as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" I choked out.

"You may both kiss the bride."

Kara tucked a stray hair behind my ear and cupped my cheek with her hand. I slid my arms around my wife and pressed my lips to hers. I could taste her and the salt of our happy tears and chuckled. Our family and close friends were in uproar and we pulled apart. I grabbed Kara's hand and led her back down the aisle to be taken to our reception party.

Kara paused at the end and looked over her shoulder. She tossed her bouquet behind her and was caught by Alex. I could just make out a faint blush on her cheeks as Maggie smiled at her.

"Are you ready to go Mrs. Zor-El?" Kara beamed.

"Always Mrs. Zor-El."