Chapter 3

Kara's POV

My hands shook as I reached for the door of Lena's office. Her assistant had let me through without asking or looking up from her laptop. It puzzled me but I shook it off. I finally opened the doors and saw Lena sitting at her desk working feverishly.

"Ms. Luthor? Kara Danvers. I'm here to write the article about your unveiling?" I called softly.

Her emerald eyes flashed in my direction and I saw her smile softly.

"Ms. Danvers. Please, make yourself comfortable. I just need to finish writing for this paperwork and I'll be right with you" she responded.

I sat down on the white couch that she had to the side of her office and reached into my satchel for everything I would need. Once settled she sat to the side of me on the couch with a respectable distance between us.

"So this unveiling, is it on a new project of yours or a change in the company?" I started off.

"I would actually like to keep it a surprise. I would like to just have word out that there is a ceremony happening" she responded coolly.

Why didnt her people send out the news? It confused me still on why she wanted me to write an article but I couldnt complain since I was in good company.

"So you would like to build the anticipation?" I smiled.

"Precisely. I knew you of all people would put the event in a positive light. You were the first to look past my last name and see me for how I am and I thank you for it. I also know that the people will trust you more than it coming from my people. They would just think it to be a setup from a Luthor" Lena explained. I nodded my head in understanding.

"Well, should I take a few statements from the real Lena Luthor?" I smiled.

She smile again at me and bit her bottom lip. Why would I notice that?

"The event taking place this weekend will be a ceremony of honor. To bring community together again and bring hope for a bright future. How does that sound?" she said.

"That sounds perfect." I couldnt help but remember my dream at this time. I felt my ears and cheeks flush red and I adjusted my glasses. "I-Is there anything else in particular you would like for me to put in?"

"No, but if you dont mind my being forward, would like to have lunch with me tommorrow?" She asked nervously. I was intrigued why this badass business woman seemed nervous.

"I would love to" I smiled. Rao, I'm smiling a lot.

"Great, I'll have Jess give you my contact information and I'll text you. Thank you Ms. Danvers, for this article, and I hope the beginning of a friendship."

We both stood up and surprisingly both leaned in for a hug. Butterflies and lightning bolts coursed through my body and I had to readjust my glasses.

"Goodbye Ms. Luthor" I waved.

"Please, call me Lena."

"Then I'm Kara" I laughed, holding out my hand. She shook it and I left the office with that damned smile still plastered on my face.

Lena's POV

I kept glancing at my phone for the rest of the day wondering when Kara would text me. Although I was anxious to see her now, I was almost scared of what I would dream of tonight. I couldnt concentrate on the rest of my papers and decided that I would work from home.

I said goodbye to Jess, telling her to go home on time. The drive home I heard my phone chime. Damn it. I went a little faster than I should and hurriedly parked so I could read the message.

Unknown: Hi, Lena! This is Kara Danvers. I should be available around noon for lunch. Did you already have a place in mind?

I smiled and immediately saved her to my contacts.

Me 😶: I didnt have a particular place. Noon sounds wonderful.

Kara 😃: How about the little cafe next to L-corp?

Me 😶: Lovely. Would you like me to send someone to pick you up?

Kara 😃: No, walking is a good way to stretch my legs after sitting at a desk.

Me 😶: I'll have to take your advice some time. See you then.

Kara 😃: See you tomorrow!

I smiled down at my phone and realized I was still in my car. I made my way to the penthouse and finished up the paperwork I had. By the time I was done it was midnight so I got ready for bed. I showered, brushed my teeth and snuggled beneath my blankets. When I finally closed my eyes my breath hitched.

*****

I was working on some papers at my desk when Jess walked in.

"Ms. Luthor, dont forget you're meeting Ms. Danvers at the cafe. Its 11:45" she said.

"Thank you Jess. I'll head down in a minute." She left my office and I walked to the elevator to go to the cafe. I decided to do as Kara said and walk. It really was refreshing from sitting in an office all day.

I sat down at an outside table and mindlessly looked around the menu.

"Good morning Ms. Luthor. I mean, Lena. Or is it afternoon?" I saw the preppy blonde smile at me and sit down across the table.

"Either is fine. How are you?" I smiled in return.

"Things are crazy at Catco, but I think I have everything under control" she sighed.

"Of course you do. You're the best" I tease. I could see her blush.

"Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be in this business" she said sadly.

I reached across the table to grasp her hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"You were born for this Kara" I say sternly. Her bright blue eyes met mine and it seemed as though everything else fell away. I continued to stare at her and suddenly she was in my arms.

"Lena..." she whispered. I could feel the goosebumps radiating through my body. I leaned forward to kiss her.

*****

The annoying sound of my alarm woke me and I felt the cold sweat on my forehead. Why do I keep having these dreams? I dragged my hands over my face and laid there for a moment trying to replay my dream. Irritated, I got out of bed and got ready for work. I then remembered that I was meeting Kara for lunch. How am i going to face her after the dream i just had? This is the same thing that happened the last time.

I walked into work without a word and tried to calm myself enough to get things done. I held my pen in my hand and paused just before it hit the paper. The gorgeous blonde reporter plagued my mind with her contagious smile. The adorable way she would adjust her glasses when shes nervous. I dropped my pen and groaned. What am I to do?