Chapter 12

Lena's POV

My heart pounding out of my chest and I knew that she could hear it. I didnt want to let go of her.  She was waiting for me to answer her.

"I would like if you stayed tonight. My house this time" I said instead. I wanted dearly to tell her of the dreams, but something held me from doing so.

"Of course, I'll bring some potstickers and my sweater" she smiled.

"Your sweater?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I want to be the cuddliest teddy bear you've ever had" she laughs.

I shake my head and kiss her jaw, giving into what I had wanted to do earlier.

"I will see you tonight then" I winked. I stepped into my office with a smile and heard Kara leave.

*****

I had just changed into my pajamas when I heard a knock on my balcony door. I looked to see Kara with a bag and a smile on her face.

"Come on in. I just got in my pajamas so you can change into yours if you want to" I said as I ushered her in.

"Yeah, as comfortable as this suit is I would not wear it to bed" she laughed. I put in the movie 'It' and waited for Kara to return.

When she did I could see her stiffen when she saw what movie it was. She sat down next to me and I could tell she didnt like scary movies. I scooted closer to her and rested my head on her shoulder. I pressed play and the movie began.

Kara flinched at some of the scenes that were scary and laughed at others. I just liked the feeling of being near her. When the movie was over I made to get up and Kara seemed hesitant.

"See you in the morning?" she chuckled nervously.

"You're welcome to join me Kara. You promised me a teddy bear remember?" I smiled.

We made our way to my bedroom and my body was buzzing with excitement. I got beneath the covers and Kara did the same. She kept her distance from me at first but I felt her get closer once we were settled. An arm made it's way around my waist and my own leg hooked around hers.

"Good night Lena Luthor" she whispered. I could smell the mintyness of her breath and I snuggled into her.

"Good night, Kara Zor-el."

*****

I was back in the field where the unknown person had told me that the bond was finalized. I looked around for Kara and spotted her by the pond. I smiled and jogged over to her. With no hesitation I pulled her into a kiss. Our lips fit so perfectly together.

When I pulled back Kara looked down at me with a grin. I knew this was a dream, but I wanted it to be my reality. I frowned thinking that I may lose Kara if I did so.

"What's wrong love?" she asked. I gently put a hand on her cheek and rubbed my thumb over it.

"I dont want to lose you" I whispered.

"You wont. I'm staying right here. You know you can always come to me with anything right?" she gave a small smile. 

I studied her face. Trying to memorize every detail of her and cherishing it for the moment being. I could see the fleck of grey in her blue eyes and the small scar on her forehead. I got on my tiptoes and kissed her lips softly once more, trying to memorize their feeling as well. When I pulled back she had her eyes closed and looked peaceful. I wrapped my arms around her neck and leaned against her. I felt her hands rub my back soothingly and place a soft kiss to my head. I liked the feeling of her arms around me. I felt safe and calm. I knew I would have to wake up soon and this fantasy would be over, but it couldnt hurt to enjoy it while I could. 

Kara's POV

I looked out over the city to the world beyond and was grateful to call this place my new planet. I loved the beauty of this place and the sense of calm instead of dread when I think about my origin. The lights shown brightly in the nights sky and gave the city a glow. I could feel a light breeze and I closed my eyes momentarily. I listened to all different sounds before I zeroed in on a heartbeat. I knew it was Lena's.

I flew to her office and landed on the balcony to see that she was still in her office. The door was open and I walked in.

"Hello darling. Still patrolling tonight?" she asked, not looking up from her papers.

"Just insuring everyone is safe. Shouldnt you be at home now?" I tease. I lean against her desk beside her and cross my arms. I heard her chuckle and shake her head.

"I should, that doesnt mean I will. I have some paperwork to go through before I go home" she says. I walk behind her and turn her around in her chair. She groans softly, and glares up at me playfully. "Darling, please dont make this difficult."

"I'm not being difficult. I'm looking out for the person I love and making sure she gets enough sleep" I pout. I get down on my knees and she lightly places her hands on my cheeks.

"I appreciate your caring. How about I go through a few more things and we head home?" Lena whispers.

"As long as I get to be the teddy bear" I smile.

*****

I woke to a tickling on my nose. I stretched a little but something was blocking me from turning. I opened my eyes to see Lena cuddled into my chest and a leg over mine. Her lips were slightly parted and her hands lightly clutched the front of my pajama shirt. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

I felt her stir and her green-blue eyes opened with a smile on her lips.

"Good morning" she whispered.

"Morning." She stretched and the leg that was hooked around me drew me closer. I rolled over, not realizing I was using my powers, and sent Lena rolling on top of me.

"Kara!" Lena squealed with a giggle. She laid on top of me laughing, tangled in the sheets of the bed, and hugged me. "I like these sleep overs."

My superhearing caught her comment and my hand mindlessly ran through her hair.

"I do too. I could get use to playing a stuffed animal instead of the Girl of Steel" I joked. Lena laughed some more and trailed random shapes on my arm.

"Theres something we need to talk about Kara" she whispered. I could feel her get rigid with nervousness.

"What's up?" I ask concerned. She sits up but this results in straddling my hips. I blush and she rolls off of me to sit beside me.

"Well.... it starts with my dreams."