Chapter 26

Kara's POV

I ran a hand over my face to stop from getting frustrated. Kal- El had heard about the baby and had suddenly popped out of no where. I was watching over the city and listening to Lena's heartbeat when my cousin landed next to me on the roof of Lcorp.

"What the fuck were you thinking Kara!? You married a Luthor?" He yelled. I was really close to punching him but that would be completely out of character.

"Shes not like the other Luthors, Kal. She isnt a Luthor anymore. Shes Zor-El now" I said almost whining.

"She is only legally a Zor-El because you married her! What if shes using you? And you're having a child with her? What the hell Kara?! How is this even possible!" I could see him clenching and unclenching his fists as he paced the rooftop.

"I told you the first time we met her that she was different. I told you that I saw good in her. I know she isnt using me, and I know she would never do that to our child. I think it's best if you continued to stay out of this Kal-El. You're obviously not mature enough to handle this like an adult" I grumbled.

"That's bullshit! Lex tried to kill me. Lena has been raised by the Luthors since she was a toddler. She only knows the ways of the Luthors. This could be some master plan to destroy our family" he argues.

"All I hear is the same stupid thing from you! Lena is evil. Lena is a Luthor. When can you just move past that and get to know her? We are not our parents. My parents did horrible things too but you dont seem to have a problem with me!" I yell.

"You're different Kara" he starts.

"No! You cant say that. Lena is in the same position that I am and you are just too full of yourself to look past this. What happened with Lex was bad, but Lena had nothing to do with it. If you cant accept that then you have no place here" I say.

"You would really choose a Luthor over me?" He grits.

"You are on very thin ice. Stop insulting her and leave" I growl.

"Does she have you under some sort of spell? Some power I'm not aware of? I swear that I wont stop til I put that bitch where she belongs" he hisses. At that moment I grabbed the front of his suit and pulled his face close to mine.

"That woman is my soulmate and mother of my child. I warned you Kal. Do not test me. You know the rules of the soulmates and I wont have a choice if you continue" I snarl.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Lena is a human theres no way you're soulmates" he brushes off.

"Fine. Let's go to the Fortress" I grumble.

We fly south and land in the Fortress of Solitude. I walk to the mainframe and scan my hand.

"Kara Zor-El. How may I be of assistance?" The voice said.

"I would like you to read me please" I respond. A blue light flashes and scans my palm on the place I put it.

"Kara Zor-El. Last Daughter of Krypton. Adopted by Danvers family. Sister is Alexandra Danvers, director of DEO. Mother is Eliza Danvers. Cousin is Man of Steel, Kal-El. Soulmate is Lena Zor-El. Lena Zor-El currently holds the child of Kara Zor-El. Would you like me to continue?"

"No." I turn to Kal who stares up at the screen with his mouth agape.

"This isnt possible" he whispers.

"It is, and it's my life. Like I said before, if you threaten her again you'll give me no choice. I love her Kal" I murmur. He looked down to meet me eyes.

"Most ardently" I whisper. Kal smiles at my reference and shakes his head.

"I cant just accept this, but I'll leave you be. For now at least" he sighs.

"You better" I grumble teasingly.

Lena's POV

I looked around my lab at all of the baby things that I had done and tried to think if there was anything I was missing. I laid my hand gently upon my stomach and smiled. I would never had thought that I would ever be in this position. I took my bottom lip between my teeth and looked around again.

I could hear the door to the lab open and close to see Kara coming in with a beaming smile.

"How is my favorite genius?" She grinned. I pecked her lips and laughed.

"I'm fine darling. I'm just making sure I did everything. Do you think we're missing anything?" I say uncertainly.

"Lena you have been working on this for a while now. You arent missing anything. Besides I dont want you overworking yourself right now. Please?" She says. I knew she was giving me the puppy eyes and I refused to look at her.

"I know. You know how I am. I just want everything to go smoothly. How is Alex? I saw that you two got into a disagreement with an alien this afternoon" I ask.

"Shes fine. It wasnt anything too big. How were things here at Lcorp?" I could feel Kara wrap her arms around me from behind and her hands rested on my stomach.

"It was fine. Jess has been helping me set up the conference with our biggest clients to tell them I wont be working for a while" I inform her. Kara nuzzles my neck and I take in her warmth.

"Kal-El showed up today" she murmured.

"Your cousin? What did he say?" I turned in her arms and wrapped my arms around her neck. Hers circled around my waist and she kissed the tip of my nose.

"The same old things, but we've come to a truce this time. He knows he cant come between us and he cant stay away from his family. It just bugs me that he still doesnt fully see what I see yet" she says sadly.

"He has to choose to see it first darling. As persuasive as your puppy eyes are, they wont work for something like this. If he wishes to speak to me in the future you know I would be happy to" I smile. I pull her into a kiss and chuckle when I feel myself begin to lift off the ground.

"No flying indoors" I mutter against her lips. She pulls away and I could see her oceans sparkling with laughter.

"I can if I dont break anything."