Chapter 23

Kara's POV

Where the hell am I? I distinctly remember falling alseep with Lena and now I'm in another bedroom that looks like the medieval era. I push the covers over me to the side and sit at the edge of the bedside. I see that I'm in a nightdress and look around for my wife.

I open the big wooden door to my room and cautiously look down the hallway. The building was obviously made of stone and wood. I step out of my room and begin to explore. I still have not seen anyone and look out one of the windows. Meadows and fields spread as far as I could see with trees littering it randomly. Flowers bloomed and I smiled at them.

I continue down the hall before I finally hear voices.

"Are you sure this is her choice? Has she been bewitched in any way?" A man's voice said.

"Father I understand that you may think little of this but Morgana has settled her mind. Will you keep this from her? Her happiness?" Another man's voice said.

I stepped toward the door and peeked through the crack that it left. Both wore crowns on their heads and were dressed in very outdated outfits.

"Morgana was always a troubled child and now with news of this it does not surprise me. However, I cannot allow this to happen. The name and reputation of Camelot is at stake, Arthur" the older looking man said.

"Yet the happiness and wellbeing of your ward is also at stake. Which will you be willing to sacrifice?" Arthur returned. The older man paced the room they were in and he grumbled beneath his breath.

"I dont know. I will speak to Morgana this morning and try to persuade her off of this. If not then I will have to give an answer by the next fortnight" he sighs. Arthur bows and makes to leave the room. I hurry away and hide behind a corner.

"Kara? Kara!" I hear a voice calling me. Lena? I follow the sound of her voice and see her in a deep emerald green dress, hair curled neatly in ringlets around her face, and a band around her head. I brilliant smile spreads across her face when she sees me and walls in my direction.

"There you are darling. I didnt see you in your chambers and it had me worried. Are you alright?" She says. Her accent seems more prominent than usual but that usually happens when shes excited anyway.

"Fine. I was actually looking for you too" I breathe. She shakes her head with a smile and we walk back to the room I woke up in.

"Always so strange. How about you get dressed instead of walking about the castle in your nightwear?" Lena says with a teasing tone. I blush at that and duck behind a paper wall for changing.

"Lady Morgana? The king has asked for your presence in the throne room" another voice says. I peek out from behind the wall and see that Lena was talking to another woman in a maid uniform. I think...

"Do tell Uther that I will be there shortly. I am just assisting Lady Kara with her wardrobe" Lena replies. Her name is Morgana here? I was confused beyond belief and shook my head. I put on the dress that Lena told me to and tried as best as I could to walk properly. The heels didnt help and being that its medieval times they walk with their spine as straight as a pole.

I ventured back out into the castle to look for Lena but once again couldnt find her. I heard the older man again and assumed that was the king that the woman had talked about. I peeked into the throne room and saw Lena with her arms crossed looking out one of the windows. The king paced behind her.

"Morgana be reasonable. This goes against all of our customs and beliefs. Coping with your powers was one matter but this is a completely different problem" he said.

"How could you accept that but not accept my love of another person? Am I so undesirable to you that you would choose your reputation and pride over my happiness?" Lena says. I could hear the pain in her voice and I wanted to run and hug her but I held back.

"I will put the good of this kingdom first so that you may live the way you do. I only want what's best for you" Uther says. I feel a pang in my heart knowing that Lena had told me about that line before.

"If you have already made your decision then why do you continue to trifle with me? I have also made my decision and will firmly hold my ground on it. I love Kara Zor-El and those are my last words" Lena says. They are now facing each other and I worry that the man might do something to Lena. I walk out into the room and wrap my arms around her.

"Kara? You should be in the courtyard for our journey" she says with surprise.

"I could not leave you hear and be treated like a child" I respond. Lena gives me a grateful look and turns to Uther.

"I also stand firm to my decision and so long as you are my ward you will abide by my rules. You will remain here and Lady Kara is to return to her home. Say your farewells and be gone" he growls.

"I could not say goodbye to you Kara. It would kill me" Lena cries.

"You will be fine. Please don't cry. There will always be other ways" I say softly. I hear a huff from Uther but I ignore him.

"We agreed to be married Kara. How could you give up so easily?" She says with betrayal in her voice.

"I dont want this as much as you do. I only have a few parting words" I say. Lena begins to relax and waits to see what I would say. I have no idea what kind of Lena or Morgana she is but I knew if I spoke from my heart she would understand.

"When our time does come I will leave you with a promise. A promise that I will never steal, lie or cheat" I say. I see tears begin to well up in her green eyes and I gently place my hands on the sides of her face. "But if I must steal then I will steal away your sorrows. If I must lie, it will be to lie by your side for the rest of my days. And if I must cheat, I will cheat death so that I could love you that much longer in the world of the living. Dont be discouraged love. I will always find you."

Tears now stream down both of our faces and I place a soft kiss on her lips. Lena grasps my arms and holds me close. When I pull back I whisper an I love you and turn to Uther. His facial expression is one of surprise and speechlessness.

"I'm sorry if we brought you shame" I say to him. "But I will never be sorry for loving Morgana."

It felt strange to refer to her that way but I have some weird ass dreams sometimes.

"It is I who should be apologizing. I should not have been so selfish and arrogant to not see it. You have won my approval and my blessing" he says. He walks away without another word and I turn to Lena.

"I love you, my lady knight" she smiles.

*****
I woke up and see green eyes staring down and laughing at me.

"What was your dream about darling?" she asked.

"A beautiful princess and a lady knight" I smile. Lena quirks an eyebrow at me and I laugh.

"You are so strange my love, but I still love you" she sighs and she rests her head on my chest.

"I love you too. Do you know anyone named Morgana by the way?"