Chapter 38

Lena's POV

I awoke on our couch to an eerily silent house. Allie was peacefully sleeping on my chest still and I slowly stood up with her in my arms. I set her down in her crib and looked around for Kara. I checked our bedroom but she wasnt there.

I checked the time and saw it was very early in the morning.

"Kara?" I called out. There was no answer. I began to worry and called her phone.

It had gone to a message and I hung up. I began to panic and decided to stuff my feelings into my little boxes so that I could focus on finding my wife. Calling her hadn't worked so I looked around for clues. Kara's phone was missing but her glasses sat on the kitchen counter. I went back to our bedroom and found that her super suit was missing.

I called Alex to see if Kara was at the DEO for some reason.

"Hello?"

"Alex? Is Kara at the DEO? I woke up this morning and couldnt find her. She left her glasses and her super suit is missing" I tell her. I continue to look around with my phone to my ear.

"She isnt here. She didnt tell you anything? It's not like her to just disappear. I'll see if I can call her and see where shes at" Alex says.

"Thank you. I have no idea why she might do something like this. Everything seemed fine earlier yesterday at lunch. I'm just worried th-" I stopped mid sentence realizing that the living room window was open.

I hurriedly searched the closet and my fears were confirmed. Her large jacket was also missing which meant that she had gone to the fortress. With this preganancy Kara hasn't been the walking heater that she was.

"Alex shes at the fortress!" I exclaim.

"What? Why the hell would she go there?"

"I dont know. Kara told me that the only time she went to the fortress anymore was in bad times. She hasn't been there since before we got married. I'm coming down to the DEO and we can go figure out what she is doing there. I'll be there in fifteen" I say. I hang up the phone and begin to get ready for our journey to the fortress.

After changing into some warm clothes I gather everything for Allie. The poor baby was awoken by my ruffling and was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Dont worry sweetheart. We're going to find mommy and she'll be back home soon. Let's go see Auntie Alex now" I say to her.

I grab the diaper bag and Allie and head to the DEO. Once we're in the building Alex is barking orders at people, waving her cast around.

"Lena! When was the last time you saw Kara? How do you know she's at the fortress?" She asks.

"I heard her come home from work but I dont remember anything after that. Her super suit and coat are gone. With her being pregnant she said shes been colder than normal. I assume she took her coat because of that" I explain.

Alex nods her head and tells an agent to ready a helicopter.

"Alex I cant go. I have to watch Allie" I fret.

"I'll watch her." I turn to see Sam walking towards the large round table at the center of the DEO. "Alex called to tell me what happened. I want to help too."

She picks Allie from her carseat and rests her on her hip. I nod and tell her my thanks.

"Ok. Let's start heading out. We need to find out what the hell is going on with my sister" Alex says.

I walk over to Sam and kiss Allies forehead.

"I'll be back soon, love." Allie places a chubby hand on my cheek and smiles.