Chapter 24

Lena's POV

Things have finally been settling between Kara and I. The paparazzi are not as houndish as they once were and I can indulge myself to a night out. There has been one thing that I have been dreading to tell her though. Kara had stopped taking the birth control pills and I had a secret that I was scared to let out.

Flashback to last week...

"I'll see you after work today darling. I have meetings practically all day and I'm not sure how long I will be. I'm sorry love" I said to Kara as I put my earring on.

"So long as you eat and text me later to tell me how you are, I dont mind. My limit is midnight. Understand Cinderella?" Kara smirked. She kissed my head and said goodbye.

At the office I prepared myself for the first meeting I had scheduled. I took a sip from my coffee and sat down at my desk. Something felt off. My stomach decided to make itself known and the room began to shift. I decided to get some water and closed my eyes momentarily. The nauseous feeling began to go away and Jess called for me to go to the conference room.

I went to several different meetings with other CEOs before the feeling came back to me. I sat at my desk and knew something was definitely wrong. I thought back to what I might have eaten or drank to make me feel this way and coming up with nothing. Suddenly the thought struck me.

"Jess?" I said shakily of the intercom.

"Yes Mrs. Luthor?" She responded.

"Will you bring me a preganancy test? Please do so personally and keep this private" I say.

"Of course Mrs. Luthor."

I waited for Jess to return anxiously and tried desperately to steady my nauseousness and rapidly beating heart. Finally there was a light knock on my door and Jess gave me the test. I immediately retreated to my private bathroom and opened the box. Once finished I waited and paced the bathroom waiting for the results.

I stopped pacing and looked to the test sitting on the counter. There in light pink was a plus sign. My shaking hand picked it up and my other hand went to my mouth.

"Oh my god.... this is really happening" I whispered to myself.

I stumbled out to find Jess waiting for me.

"It was positive" I whispered.

"Congradulations Mrs. Luthor! Shall I call your wife?" Jess smiled.

"No. Dont call her just yet. I have something else planned" I said. Jess nodded and left back to her desk.

I knew Kara was excited about having a baby and wanted to make this special. Perhaps taking her for dinner? No too plain. Mommy T-shirt? No she'll probably tear it off later. I paced my office trying to think of some way to break the news to her.

Back to present

I set down the paperwork I had been working on and decided to call Sam. She had been helping me in coming up with a way to tell Kara I'm pregnant.

"Lena! What's going on?" She answered cheerily.

"Everything is fine. I did have a proposition for you though about Operation Krypton" I said quietly. I decided to call it Krypton since this baby would most likely mean the world to Kara. A world that she doesnt have anymore, but hopefully fill a little bit of the void.

"Yes! I will meet you at your office."

I hung up and a few minutes passed before Sam walked in.

"Ok. What are you thinking?" She grinned.

"I was thinking of putting it in one of the fortune cookies from her favorite potstickers place" I smile. I lean against my desk and wait to see what she thinks.

"That would be adorable! And it's very much Kara-like. She'll love it! Have you planned out a day?"

"I havent decided the time or day. Will you go with me to the restuarant to place the cookie order? We can get lunch from there as well if you'd like" I smile again.

"Sure."

Kara's POV

I was sitting at my desk listening to the new Frozen II soundtrack. I was such a disney geek. Star Wars  above all else though. I lightly bobbed my head to the music when James walked in.

"Kara? I need to talk to you" he said. He sounded serious and I worried something had happened to Lena or Alex.

"What is it?" I stood up and he pulled out his camera. I looked down and saw a picture of Lena and Sam having lunch. "Sam and Lena are friends. Sam just started working at Lcorp. They're just having lunch."

Lena had seemed so excited to finally make another friend on her own. I had encouraged her to spend time with Sam and get out of her cacoon.

"They have had lunch together for the past week and Sam is always in Lena's office. Jess said she couldnt tell me anything and was being very secretive. Somethings going on Kara" James said.

"Theres nothing going on. I trust Lena and I know that they are just friends. Theres nothing to worry about James. Shes not a Luthor" I say exasperated.

"Yes there is Kara! The last time she made a friend she married them! What if shes taking this too far because she never had friends before. I know you said you have a bond but what if she is having an affair with Sam?" James argues. My hands clutch my desk and cracks are starting to form.

"I told you once a long time ago that if you ever spoke negatively about her again I would throw you off of this building. Since I know that is wrong and Lena would be upset I wont. Please leave James" I grit my teeth.

"Fine, but the evidence is clear" he says. He sets his camera on my desk and leaves.

I look over to the picture and see Lena's smiling face and Sam gesturing about something. Theres a knot in my stomach and a pain in my chest. James is wrong........ right?