Chapter 8

Kara's POV

Not having Supergirl as a secret from Lena was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I could lift basically anything but keeping things from my soulmate is hard. Speaking of which.....

I was at war with myself in deciding if I should tell Lena or not. I was afraid of what her reaction would be. I had only just come out to her as Supergirl. It felt like I was being torn apart not being able to hold her, tell her sweet nothings, and kiss her. Rao, did I want to kiss her. But, I had only just met her.

Alex is going to be very angry. I dreaded to flight to the DEO headquarters so I could pick up the paperwork for Lena to sign. Tomorrow was the unveiling ceremony Lena had made me write an article on. I wanted to get the paperwork situated in case something were to happen.

I landed on the balcony of the DEO and cautiously walked in. I spotted my sister and I slowly walked my walk of shame, knowing what will happen once I told Alex.

"Hey Kara. Everything has been quiet so far today so you dont have to worry about it" she smiled. She must have seen the expression on my face because she planted herself and crossed her arms.

"What did you do?" she sighed.

"Well, it's not really anything I did. You see, Lena had a nightmare and she called me really early in the morning and I felt bad so I invited her to come over. She spent the night and when I woke up I offered to take her to work. I almost said that I would fly her but caught it and she called my lie. I tried to convince her that it wasnt anything but she just kept finishing my sentences" I rambled.

"Kara, get to the point. What are you talking about? Lena Luthor slept over at your apartment? What did you do?" she asked, confused.

"Lena knows I'm Supergirl" I blurted. Alex stood, dumbfounded, for a second before blinking.

"Lena Luthor knows that you're Supergirl?" she asked.

I nodded my head and I could see her face turn a tiny bit of red.

"I'm going to need Jonn. We cant have a Luthor knowing your real identity. We need to wipe her memory and if she resists, we'll use force" Alex says as she makes her way out of the meeting room.

"No" I say sternly.

"No? What do you mean, no? Shes a Luthor Kara, we cant take any chances."

"You will not touch her" I nearly growl. My instincts to protect my soulmate began to take over and I stepped toward Alex. "I need to show you something."

I grabbed ahold of Alex and flew us to the Fortress of Solitude. When we landed, I lead her to the main room and placed my hand on the scanner. The blue light ran over my hand and I removed it.

"Kara Zor-El. How may I be of assistance?" The system asked.

"Search soulmate" I ordered.

"Searching.... One match found. Kara Zor-El is paired with Lena Kieran Luthor. Do you wish to seal the soulmates bond?" It asked.

"No" I murmured. I turned to Alex to see her face in disbelief and a hand running through her hair.

"I thought you said your soulmate died with Krypton?" she whispered.

"I thought they did, but they weren't even on Krypton. They were here, and I cant let you do anything to her. You know what I told you about this" I said desperately.

"Yes I know," she paused, "damn it. I'm going to have to add her to the system. Does she know about this?"

"Well.... no. She only knows that I'm Supergirl, not that we're bound" I reply. Alex let's out an exhale.

"Ok. I dont like this but I know its important to you. Let's go back to get this all settled. Then, you really need to tell her" Alex said.

I was nervous to say the least. How was I going to tell someone that I had only met a few months ago that I was in love with them? That we were soulmates? She wouldnt believe me....

The thought made me sad and I scoffed my boot against the floor. I followed Alex to L-corp and landed on Lena's balcony. I tapped on the glass door and saw her jolt a little. Her smile made my insides melt and I tried not to show my sadness.

"Are you alright? You seem down on something" she said, looking up at me. Am I really that bad at hiding things?

"I'm fine. Alex is on her way up for you to the sign the papers I told you about" I gave a small smile. She nodded her head and there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" Lena called. I realized that we were standing kind of close and I distanced myself so I didnt do anything weird.

"Hello Ms. Luthor. I'm Director Danvers. I'm going to need you to sign these. It states that you will pledge your silence and that Supergirls identity will remain classified to the public" Alex says.

"Of course. You're welcome to sit down while I got through them" she responds.

I fidget with my cape not knowing what to do and I notice Lena looking at me. I could feel my cheeks burn and I hear a commotion out in the city.

"I'll be right back!" I call as I leap off the balcony.

Lena's POV

I watched as Kara ran out of my office and fly off god knows where. I returned my attention to the papers when I heard Alex speak up.

"There is something that Kara needs to tell you, but I think she may be too afraid" she says.

"What do you mean Director Danvers?" I raise an eyebrow. I was curious what she was implying. What did Kara need to tell me? Was she going away? Was something wrong?

"Its nothing bad, but I think you will have to ask her or else she wont bring it up. I know it's really important to her and I hope you will be open to it" she says with a smile. What on earth is she talking about?

Just then Kara returned with a smudge of ash on her cheek.

"Sorry. There was a fire in a flower shop downtown" she explained.

"Kara, darling, theres some ash on your cheek" I said looking back at the papers. I had noticed that I had been calling her that lately. 'Darling', 'Love'. I hoped it didnt make it uncomfortable for her.

"Dang it. Thank you for telling me. Alex would have let me walk around like that" she pouted. I wrote my last signature and passed it to Alex who was now arguing with Kara.

"I've always looked out for you! It's just a little smudge" Alex grumbled.

"I cant go to Catco with ash on my cheek! What would people think?" Kara said exasperated.

"I dont know. You're supposed to be good at coming up with excuses!"

"Ladies, if you dont mind. Kara, you dont have ash on your cheek anymore, and I hope that you will tell her if it happens in the future" I say looking between Kara and Alex. Both huff and Alex says goodbye. I remembered what Alex had told me and turned to Kara.

"Alex said that something has been bothering you, and I think the same. Do you want to tell me about it?" I ask quietly. I see her freeze and her eyes look anywhere but mine.

"Well-I.... I dont know" she stutters. I stand up from my desk and walk over to the hero.

"You can tell me anything Kara. Please know that I want to be a good friend to you as you have for me. Now, please tell me what's wrong" I nearly beg. She fidgets around for a minute longer before sighing in consent. She looks down at her feet and closes her eyes.

"That's just it Lena. We're not just friends" she whispers.