#132 Nervous!Kaminari x reader

Requested by @Periwinkle_Plant

The school day had just ended and you were just about to leave before hearing your name being called by someone. "Hey, y/n? Wouldyouliketogoonadatewithme!?" The human Pikachu rushed out as he looked at the floor instead of meeting your e/c orbs. "Denki? You're gonna have to repeat that. I don't understand you when you talk so fast.." you said as you giggled at his flustered state.

He groaned and looked up at you sheepishly. "I said.. will you go on a date with me?" He asked again, slower and just as nervously. A bright blush spread across your features as you smiled. "Of course I will Pika!" You exclaimed kissing him on the cheek and hugging him. "So... where are we going?"

Holding back the urge to break down right there he gave you a dopey smile. "Umm, how about a movie? At... 7?" He asked hugging you back. "Sounds like a plan.. oh, I can't wait!!" You yelled pulling away from him and rushing out of the school grounds to go home and get ready. He chuckled and smiled as you ran to the school gates. "Neither can I.."

Time skip

After a few hours of both of you preparing and getting ready for your date together, Kaminari finally arrived at your house to pick you up. "H-hey y/n! You r-ready to go?" He stammered even though he tried to play it off and act all cool.

"Of course! Let's go." You said stepping out of your house, closing the door and beginning to walk beside him. "So, what're we going to see?" You asked tilting your head and looking at him. "Oh, ah um, a horror!" He said, his voice jumping up and down between octaves.

"Are you okay Denki?" You asked as you grabbed his hand and squeezed it to assure him. He gave a lopsided smile and scratched the back of his neck. "Duh. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked, trying to desperately ignore his nervousness about the date. "Come on babe. Let's just get going!" He yelled before dragging you to the cinema. You stared at him as he dragged you along to the film. "Babe? That's new..." You mumbled to yourself. "Denki? Can you slow down?" You asked as you tried to pull him to a stop. "Hmm? Why? We're here anyway!"

"Oh yeah... let's get inside then! I'll buy-" He cut you off by practically sprinting to the queue to buy things. "Don't worry! Food and tickets are on me!" He yelled at you with a dopey smile. Sweat dropping you nodded and smiled anxiously because the attention was all on you now. "Okay. Just please don't shout..."

"Sorry, babe!"

"Again with the babe?"

"Huh? The movies gonna start soon, let's get to the theatre shall we?" While you were walking towards the theatre, Denki tripped over his feet due to the nervousness he felt and, thankfully he saved himself. Trying to keep your laughs in you hurriedly made sure he was okay. "Pika? Are you okay?"

"Pshh, of course. That was hardly anything and I meant to do it." He said nervously rubbing his neck and looking around, his face cherry red because of the embarrassment he felt. "Yeah... I'm sure." You rolled your eyes playfully and walked to the theatre. "You coming or are you just gonna stand there?"

"D-Don't question me!! I'm coming in my own time!"

You stared and shook your head. "Get your ass moving."

"Fine." He huffed before slowly trudging his way towards you, looking at a woman on a movie poster and accidentally bumping into you. "Sorry!" He screeched as he saw he spilt your drink down your front.

Sighing you simply smiled. "It's okay. Go get our seats and I'll go dry up." You said quickly walking away. "Denki Kaminari... you're a fucking idiot." He grumbled at himself as he saw you leave his side.

Time Skip

Shuffling to your seat, you plopped next to Denki and giggled at the sight. The movie hadn't even started yet and he looked petrified. "Why do you look so scared? It's a trailer about a car Denki..." You trailed off, covering your mouth to hide your smile. "H-Huh? I'm not s-scared! I'm too manly for that!" He murmured as he stared at you, blushing at your cuteness. "Your stuttering says otherwise my little Pika~" You teased as you winked at him. "You've also been hanging out with Eiji too much... only he says he's manly."

"I'm manly too!" He said glaring at you.

"Oh, I'm sure you are.." The loud bang of the opening scenes of the movie scared Denki and he immediately clung to you. "iM nOt ScArEd!"

"oh, hush." Throughout the film, the blonde boy would be clinging to your side in hopes of trying to lessen the fear the movie had instilled into him at this point.  "Can't breathe..."

"Then don't cling to me so tightly."

"You're clinging to me... h e l p..."

"No, I'm not, my arms around your shoulder silly!" He whispered although the light from the movie screen clearly showed you he was scared. Pulling him to your chest you quickly hugged him and comforted him. "Don't worry, I'll protect you Pika!" You excitedly but quietly exclaimed as he blushed and snuggled into you.

Time Skip

"I LOVED THAT FILM!!" You yelled as you both went to the local park to relax and look at the stars on a secluded hill at the back of it. "Didn't you?"

You were kind of concerned because Denki had been super quiet since you had left the movie theatre. "Hey... Denki? Are you okay?" You asked as you placed your hand on top of hid and held it, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Hmm? Oh... yeah. I guess."

Kissing him on the cheek you rested your head on his shoulder and snuggled up to him. "You know... I really enjoyed tonight."

"You did? But I was all over the place and I was super embarrassing."

"No. You were the Denki Kaminari I fell in love with!"

"Love? You love me?"

"Of course!! I love you my little Pika!"

"I-I love you t-too.." He was about to speak more but you had beaten him to it by giving him a kiss on the lips. Sadly, that seemed to be too much for him and his brain fried and you ended up with the dopey Denki. "Wheyyyy~"

"Hmmm? Yeah... let's get going lover boy."

okay, so apologies for being a bit dead on this book and overall lately... school is awful because I have 13 weeks until I sit my GCSEs and I truthfully and honestly hate my writing. It sucks ass so I also apologise for that as well

Anyway, hopefully, I will be back a bit more now and hopefully enjoy my writing again!

~ Lei