Crumpets and Cinnamon

He was alone in the corner of the university library. It was one certain day around the lovely December in his third year of college era. The month he was born, the month he loved most. The one certain month with cold winter season, yet having such warm feelings. December. Everything was fine and normal. Nothing such a mess nor miserable, but one thing. He caught a flu. He didn't feel well since earlier in the morning, yet he had to finish the assignment before assisting the afternoon class if he wanted to rest for the following day. He wanted to enjoy the Christmas holiday without any burden of assignments.

He caught a flu and a bit headache. He sneezed and coughed in every minutes as his head wanted to meet a pillow. His throat felt dry as the cought slowly annoyed him. So he went to the side of the librarian desk and took some warm water.

And when he came back into his table, there was a warm grey beanie with small "RM" letters laid on top of one of the books he read.

Well, he needed one since he didn't bring his own. And he felt the cold was getting worse. He looked around his surrounding, empty. No one there. He actually wanted to ask who left the beanie for him because Santa way early for giving him presents, but he was the only person stayed in that corner of the library. He felt strange, and the unknown stranger who left the beanie must be an angel.

"Whoever you are, thanks anyway..." He mumbled.

He didn't know that in the hallway outside the library, there was this man fighting the cold weather.

"Where is your beanie?" The man who looked bright and positive asked the other one. "It's cold and freezing. Why didn't you wear it?"

"I didn't bring one." The handsome man answered nonchalantly.

"Huh? How come? You clearly wore it when we went to the library though..."

-----

Seokjin wondered if spring has finally came to say hi and spread the warm. He lost the counting days he didn't know anymore how long he was trapped inside the cockloft bedroom of Namjoon's classic mansion. He peeked outside by the large trellised window. The beautiful moss rose around the carnations garden were already blooming. They were so pretty and it brightened Seokjin's mood.

"Good morning, hyung..." Bomin greeted with a tray of breakfast. A bowl of cereals with milk and raisins. And a piece of banana.

Seokjin bit his lower lip. Lately, he felt hundred times hunger than usual. He wanted more than just cereals. He wanted some menus to be added for his breakfast.

"Where is Namjoon?"

Bomin took a glance as he put the tray on the study table. "Why?"

"Ugh..." Seokjin hesitantly answered. "I... I need to talk with him about the menus..."

Bomin raised his left eyebrow while looking at the tray. "Must be boring to eat this kind of breakfast everyday..."

"No..." Seokjin took the bowl. "I love cereals, just... My appetite was asking for more than just cereals. I want to ask Namjoon for adding my breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon." He grinned awkwardly. "Also for the afternoon tea. Uhm. I really want to eat crumpets."

"Crum what?"

"Crumpets." Seokjin half finished his breakfast. That fast. "I went to England last year with my parents and fell in love with this traditional British teatime treat griddle cake. And I'm craving for some crumpets now."

Bomin tilted his head. "You mean, you want Namjoon hyung to buy this cake right from England, hyung?"

"No no no." Seokjin almost choked by the cereals. "I mean, if you don't mind, you can search on google how to make this traditional cake. It's not that hard, really. I'm so sure you can easily making the perfect ones."