Chapter 2: Dudes In Dresses

Chapter 2

"This isn't going too hurt much Alpha." The pack doctor, Kitara, mumbled unapologetically as she placed a soaked cloth of antiseptic on my shoulder.

I yelled in pain as the antiseptic liquid burned like fire on the open wound. But it was necessary since it would clean out the silver berry that infected my wounds.

"Oh, that didn't hurt at all Kit," I mumbled sarcastically before she shut me up by applying more of the liquid to my hand.

"Not my fault you're prone to getting hurt let alone being infected by a rare substance." She grumbled because her patching me up was an almost daily occurrence.

I was about to laugh but as Finn came into view, I immediately shut up.

His face held anguish but behind his eyes, I could see the anger that burned within him.

"Oh don't give me that look, Finn," I said nonchalantly despite knowing that I caused him to worry about me.

"I'm so angry with you right now Everette." Finn fumed.

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist, I'm fine." But of course when I said that, Kitara applied more of the antiseptic to my wound which made me yell.

"Fine my ass." Finn grumbled before he walked over to my side and grabbed my right hand, which was my good hand, in between his palms.

I gave his hand a gentle squeeze as a sign of appreciation as I tried to breathe through the pain.

"Can you hurry up here doc?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Maybe if you stop trying to get yourself killed..." She trailed off.

"She has a point Ev, you need to allow the pack to protect you too," Finn said.

"Would you hang back while you see your pack fighting rogues?" I asked him.

"I-" But before he could answer me, my parents walked in.

Sometimes I really hated the fact that their house was so close to the packhouse.

"Oh, my baby girl!" My mother, Emery, came rushing in and ready to heal.

My dad, Thane, on the other hand, held the same expression as Finn, angry and worried.

"I'm fine mom," I grumbled as Kitara finished cleaning my wounds.

Finn took a step back as my parents crowded my space.

"I'll heal her up Kit." My mom said to the doctor.

"No mom, I'm fine. Kitara can stitch me up."

The fury behind my mother's eyes was not be crossed as she shot me a glare.

"You'll take days to recover from the wound on your hand Everette, so let me heal you."

I pulled my hand away from her reach despite the sting of pain, "It will heal on it's on mom. You'll wear yourself out by healing me."

"Everette." My father commanded my attention. "Let your mother heal you."

"But she-"

"I'm only forty Everette. Not eighty. I could replenish my energy easily." My mother said as she grabbed my arm above the wound and miraculously started to heal me.

"Mom, really I could have managed." I released a sigh of relief as the pain marginally surpassed.

She just rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "Like father, like daughter."