Chapter 10: I, Callum Cain, Reject...

Chapter 10

I felt dizzy and inebriated as my eyes slowly peeled opened.

My arms were sore, my back was cramped up and my poor neck felt like there were a few knots that needed to be cracked.

What the fuck happened?

I let my eyes adjust to the bright light in my office but as my senses came back, I felt the burning on my wrists.

Callum! That little fucker!

"Fucking hell!" I yelled as the memory of him sedating me came back and as I remembered sending my wolves off to patrol, I felt my stomach sink.

'Penelope, get to my floor on the packhouse now!' I said in my mind link and I knew she was asleep but we had to get going.

And I had to get out of these silver cuffs.

'Everette? What's wrong?' I heard her immediate panic.

'Bring gloves and get here fast.' I replied.

My eyes shifted to the clock as I saw that it was five in the morning and I was guessing it was around two when Callum stuck that needle in me.

I knew I couldn't trust him.

Worst yet, it's been three hours and he could be anywhere in the forest where a rogue could kill him.

And judging from no one finding me passed out or bringing him back, he probably escaped from the pack territory.

My stupid mate.

Was he trying to die?

I couldn't waste another second so I closed my eyes and forced strength into my arms and muffled my screams as I pulled my wrists apart and broke the connecting chain on the cuffs.

My wrists burned as if I got third-degree burns. The cuffs were still on but I couldn't remove them with my fingers.

The pain was too much.

I relaxed my shoulders a bit to ease the soreness from the stiff muscles after being in an awkward position before ripping the cloth that tied me to my office chair.

He must have had this all planned out.

Being accepting of the truth and acting okay with everything, was all just a ploy until he could get me handcuffed and tied up.

Not even in a good way.

I suppose when he said my 'beautiful face' yesterday, he was only lying to get me to trust him.

I'm so going to tie him to a tree when I find him.

As I got up from my chair, I felt as if the room was spinning. Whatever drug he used, had lasting effects. I wobbled out of the office as I heard footsteps running up the staircase.

Penelope and her mate June, both dressed in pajamas, came bounding in with worried expressions.

"Everette, what happened?" June asked in a panic.

"Seems like you may need to teach me how to keep a mate," I said as I raised both my wrists up in the air to show them my silver-clad hands. "Callum ran away."

"Holy sh-"

"Babe, no swearing." June cut her mate off.

"She's literally got silver cuffs on her Honey, what do you expect me to say?!" Pen said hysterically as she pulled on some gloves before grabbing one of my wrists and easily breaking it in two before she did the same to the other.