Chapter 43: Máni

Chapter 43

~ 2 Weeks Later ~

The day I woke up, I saw with my own eyes how much the werewolves and hunters have come together.

Since the packhouse was completely destroyed, those who resided there now took residency in the building the hunters were staying in.

It was a smaller packhouse that we kept around and it came in handy.

But seeing everyone together, bonding over a celebration when the war was over, Doris was dead and their Alpha was alive...well it almost made me think that I had actually died and went to an alternative universe.

Seeing the bond between the former enemies, I decided that it was time to reveal my secret with the pack.

I finally announced that the Ritual to the Beast has finally come to an end.

It was over and I vowed that it would never return.

With the hunters being our allies, we didn't need to worry about any threats for the foreseeable future.

The pack took it better than expected since it caused a lot of issues in the past. Otis also made an announcement of his own.

The werewolves were free to visit Fairbairn anytime we like but we had to stay in human form unless there were rogues around.

As for the next Alpha, which would be my kid, well he or she would just have to woo his or her mate like a normal person.

No chains, no rituals, no twenty-year timeline and no god damn white dresses again.

The hunters did go back to Fairbairn after since we decided we didn't need much help rebuilding. It was a rogue free journey for them.

Penelope, June and Olly went with them to meet Gracie who, according to Jane, absolutely loved them.

The little girl took quite a liking to them and it wasn't long until she decided to live with the pack. Her decision may have also been influenced by the fact that her new guardians were werewolves and she adores Callum.

What can I say? The kids love the man.

Olly's been watching out for her like an older brother and I could tell after everything he's been through, he's finally happy and settled. He deserves the family that he's gotten and he's fiercely protective of them.

Callum also brought his grandpa to the pack to live with us. Everyone was welcoming to both Gracie and grandpa Mitch.

Back in Fairbairn, George decided to stay with Val but remain apart of the pack.

Otis and Jane have also decided to live together. It took them a couple of decades to finally find each other again and repair their wounded hearts, but they're together. That kind of love never dies.

The past two weeks were eventful as we started rebuilding but we still had a long journey ahead of us.

But before any more time passes, there was one thing we had to do.

Officially initiate Callum as our Máni.

To think he's been here this long and we haven't gotten around to it. For the Lunas before him, they usually get initiate when they get married.

But since Cal and I aren't going to do the whole wedding thing just yet, we decided now was as good as any.

I made my way towards the burnt packhouse where Callum was helping out to clear all the rubble and burnt material.