Chapter 13: A Case of OSD

Chapter 13

Callum backed me up against a tree where he proceeded to press his muscular body into my own.

He may be the one with fire powers but I felt my insides light up in flames from the pure passion that passed between our lips.

"You taste like chocolate." He whispered against my lips before plunging back into our very heated make-out session.

I, on the other hand, was enjoying this way more than I probably should be.

With my heart thumping a mile a minute and my head feeling light from our contact, I didn't know how the hell we ended up in this position but I wasn't complaining. 

With a small finish peck, Callum ended our kiss as I shifted my hands from his hair to his shoulders. 

It was hot out here, and it wasn't just the small fire or global warming.

As I pulled back and tried to control my racing heart, I looked up into his eyes to see the green flames dying.

"That was-"

"The best kiss you've ever had?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Unexpected." 

He sighed as he leaned his forehead against my own, "I didn't plan to."

"But you did. Why?" I tilted my head in confusion.

His eyes pierced my own as shifted his head back and turned serious, "My gut. My entire being says that I should hate you but..."

"But?" I asked with trepidation.

"But this feeling inside of me has been eating at me since I met you and it's messing with all of my logic. Everything that I've worked for my entire life just wants to cease to exist. I want to protect you when I should be loathing you and your pack and trying to get home..."

"So why don't you?" I dared to ask.

He sighed before he answered me, "I can't. You've managed to draw yourself into my life with a permanent sharpie."

"Seems like something I'd do," I whispered.

The corner of his lips tilted up, "Also, you mentioned that bastard."

"And you got jealous?" I asked with a grin.

"Princess, I don't get jealous."

"Uh-huh." I looked at him wearily, "Are you sure the rogues didn't hit you because I swear you have a case of OSD."

"What's OSD?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Oddly Sweet Disorder." I grinned.

He chuckled before he loosened his hold on me and stepped back a fraction of an inch as I removed my hands from his shoulders.

"Is that right? When then what are the symptoms doc?"

"An oddly sweet Callum Cain," I stated.

He mused, "Well being sweet is bizarre to me."

"Knew you were hit on the head," I concluded before my own brain went haywire and asked, "Did you regretted it?"

He seemed taken back by my sudden question but quickly recovered, "No princess. I just think I should have probably let us build that 'trust' thing first." He then ruined the mood by saying, "But now that I started it, I don't think I'm going to stop anytime soon."

I leaned back onto the tree and crossed my arms over my chest, "And what if I told you that I didn't exactly fancy that kiss?"

Callum reached his hand out and propped an arm on the tree, next to my head, "I'd say judging by your reaction that you fancied it a lot."