Chapter 18: Cliche 'Bad Boy'

Chapter 18

It's been almost an entire week since Greg's body was found in the forest and the rogues have gone absolutely quiet again.

It had me on edge as Penelope, Charlotte and I anticipated their next move. But what could be after killing a human that had no association with us?

Something was wrong, I could feel it festering in my soul as the days ticked by.

Callum seemed to be feeling the exact same since he's been tensed every day. I knew Greg's death affected him more than he let on.

His anger wasn't just because he wanted to keep me safe, it was because he was worried about the people who raised him as well and I couldn't hate him for that.

If anything, I felt prideful to know that he cares about his people. I did the same with my own so I could never be angry with him if he felt that way.

But I didn't know what to do to help him through his loss. My parents and a few pack members helped with a little memorial for Greg the day after he died.

The only thing I could have done was hold his hand as they lowered the man's casket into the ground.

And the only thing going through my mind was, 'he should be with his wife'.

Unfortunately, that wasn't something that could happen right away.

Aside from the mournful mood Cal's had, he tried to act as if he was unbothered. The makeout sessions got hotter, metaphorically and literally since he can't seem to quit lighting something on fire.

Luckily it wasn't me being set ablaze but I did lose a throw pillow in the living room, a few business reports in my office and there was a singe on Cal's bedroom door. Let's just say we've been trying not to burn the packhouse down.

Cal's hands also still healing since he refused to get it looked at the day he punched the wall. The day after, doctor Kitara deduced that it was in fact sprained and would take at least three weeks to heal and to Cal's annoyance, he had to keep it in a splint.

Didn't stop him from manhandling me when he got the chance though.

It did stop him from having to train on the field, but Max and Sam have taken it upon themselves to take him to the Crypt to train him to keep his magic hands to only light up on command.

Seeing as we were surrounded by trees in the pack territory, the Crypt was the most controlled environment and Max ensured the room was filled with fire extinguishers and there were already sprinklers set up.

When I was finished with training some wolves, I sprinted off towards the packhouse in wolf from. I always got excited at this time of the day.

It wasn't just the cool air of the evening that signaled that the sun was about to set or the way my paws sunk into the forest floor that connected me to nature, but the fact that I get to go home to Callum.

I couldn't help the stupid wolf grin on my face and I was sure if anyone saw me, they'd probably run the other way after seeing my canines in full view and a wolf smile resembled the look a wolf made before he ate you.

Speaking of eating, I really needed some ice cream in my body or else I may die. Not exaggerating, it's the most important food group in my diet.

By the time I made it back to the house, the sun was slowly setting behind the mountains off in the distance and I shifted and pulled on my training gear which I carried in my wolf mouth.

When I entered the packhouse, I immediately went to the kitchen large and spotted Daisy stirring something that had me salivating more than my wolf does.