Chapter 30: What Did I Miss?

Chapter 30

"So what will it be?" The waitress, who was in her mid-thirties, asked with a warm smile.

After we internally freaked out from the rogues and the rogues knowing we were here, we waited for them to do something.

Being rogues I expected at least a growl and a fight, but nope. They kept in their seats and didn't look over once. 

I don't know if I was mad because of a lack of fight or because I expected their wild tendencies to create a display without remorse for the humans.

But they certainly had an agenda since they neither fought nor created a spectacle. 

Hopefully, that gave us enough time to plan a way to get out of here without falling into an easy trap. 

At least for now, we had food from what Otis described as the best place in town for burgers. 

The inside really was the stereotypical diner you see in movies. Black and white tiled floors, red leather booths, a long counter surrounded by high bar stools and waitresses who dressed like they were in the eighties. 

"I'll have five grilled cheese, two sides of fries and a glass of water." Abel rattled off his order.

The woman took note of his order but not without a raised brow, "And that's for the entire table right?"

"No," Otis answered coolly, "my grandkids here are big eaters."

Both her eyebrows now rose as she fully looked at us. 

"Grandkids? I thought your boy didn't have kids?" 

"Nick never had any kids before he passed," Otis grumbled as a look of pain flashed within his eyes. "They're my brother's grandkids. He moved out of Fairbairn when he was young so no one knows him but these two, Abel and Everette, decided to explore their grandad's old town." 

She grinned in understanding, "Ah, well they don't take after the Newton family at all. And how about this one."

Her finger pointed right at Cal who kept his down and buried under his hat and hoodie. 

"This is my cousin, Rick." Elle introduced him before quickly changing gears and placing her order.

"I'll have two chocolate milkshakes, three burgers and two sides of onion rings," I said, and the poor waitress's eyes nearly popped out as she stared at me incredulously. "And Rick here would have the same."

"As I said, they're big eaters," Otis chuckled nervously.

She nodded and proceeded to take the other orders which were normal human portions.

"You know I'm not going to eat that much, right Princess?" Cal whispered in my ear and I gave him a smirk.

"I know, some of that is mine."

Chuckling, he casually placed his arm behind me.

"So, what are we-" Louis started but I shook my head at him to stop talking.

Grabbing a napkin, I motioned if anyone had a pen and Otis pulled one out from his pocket.

Scribbling across the paper, I wrote down that the rogues could hear us, so we had to communicate through writing. Well, anything concerning our plan that is.

Otis grabbed the napkin and asked what's my plan of action.

Looking at Abel, I mind linked him, 'Think we should contact the others?'

'Not unless we're sure they aren't planning to surround us as soon as we leave here, which I'm pretty sure they will be doing if they can mind link the other rogues in Fairbairn.' He replied as his eyes cut to the group.