Chapter 6: Put A Ring On It

Chapter 6

I watched with bated breath as Finn stepped out of the trees in human form with an annoyed yet relieved expression.

"Finn," I said to catch his attention which was currently fixed on my mate with an irritated gaze.

I moved to step in front of my mate but he yanked the rope back and pulled me to his side.

"You know him?"

I gave him a knowing smirk, "Why? Are you worried?"

"You're mine to kill princess, not some random guy's." He smirked but I could tell he was fibbing.

Maybe.

"You had your shot human, but you missed." I winked.

His lips quirked up in a half-smile as I turned back towards Finn.

"So this is your mate huh?" I could hear the tinge of anger in his voice that he was trying to control. "Not even a full day and he already wants to kill you. Or might I say already tried."

Finn was typically calm and collected. Which was saying a lot for a werewolf, but it was true. He tried to remain passive in any situation, so to see some anger flowing through him, only meant bad things.

"Word already spread that fast huh?" I laughed it off.

"Your father and the others made it back to the pack already, so I came to look for you." He informed me.

"Oh, well this is..." I trailed off as I looked at my mate expectedly for his name but his eyes were fixed on Finn so I tugged the cloth, "What's your name human?"

He turned to me with an annoyed expression and shrugged, "Gonna have to guess princess."

Finn gave me an odd look, "He tried to kill you, refuses to give you his name and calls you a princess? Are you sure he's the one?"

"Well, he did try to kill me but he didn't." I shrugged and looked back at the human with conflicting emotions.

"Yeah, and which part was the 'didn't' because I'm pretty sure Charlotte's words were that he tried to shoot you and broke your nose," He tried to contain a snarl as he motioned to the blood on my t-shirt.

"He didn't shoot me-"

"But he shot at you." Finn cut me off.

"I don't think that's any of your business now, is it? And who are you anyway?" My mate snapped as he walked past me again and towards Finn before I held his rope tight to stop him in his tracks.

"Anyone that tries to kill my Alpha makes themselves my business. So watch yourself before you find your head ripped off your body." Finn said with such anger that I was worried he'd actually pull through on his words.

My mate scoffed, "All bark and no bite."

"I'm going to-" Finn started but I cut across.

"Enough!" I commanded as I walked between the two men. "This pissing match is over! Take your egos and get it far away from here because you're both going to play nice or else I'm locking you two in a room down in the crypt until you become so close, I get jealous. Am I clear?"

They both went deadly silent and continued to murder each other with their eyes. I assumed I wouldn't have to deal with this level of testosterone until my mate actually started to warm up to me. Guess the male species really does revolve around marking their territory before having a normal conversation. 

I clapped my hands together to get their attention, "I said, am I clear?" I gave them both pointed looks as they looked at me.

"Yes, Alpha." Finn conceited first.