Chapter 12: Frilly Pink Apron

Chapter 12

"You almost killed us by going that fast!" Callum said out of breath as he climbed off my back.

It was honestly really delightful to see the guy, who wasn't afraid of a werewolf, scared of running through the forest on one. His horrified screams still echoed in my ears like a melodious tune. 

"I swear Ev, we're never doing that again." He scolded as he faced me.

I gave him a wolfish grin before using my head to push him out of trees and towards the packhouse.

As soon as I was out of his sight, I shifted and grabbed a change of clothes that we had strapped to trees for moments this these. 

When I pulled on my t-shirt, I walked into the backyard to see Callum missing.

I was not in the mood to go running after this idiot again, so I thank the Moon Goddess when I saw him strolling out of the back door with a pair of converse in hand.

My black chuck taylor.

"How'd you know that was mine?" I asked curiously since this pair was in our mudroom at the entrance of the back door. 

"I was going by the initials 'EB' written with a white sharpie." He smirked as I took the pair of shoes out of his hands.

I was honestly surprised by his actions. I guess he really did want to try this trust thing.

"Thank you," I said after a brief moment of silence. 

He cupped his hand over his ear and leaned in, "Sorry didn't hear you there princess, what was that?"

"I'm not repeating myself." I refused to satisfy his ego.

He grinned, "If I didn't know any better, I'd actually think that you just said thank you."

"You're welcome," I smirked. 

"That was the worst joke I've ever heard from you." 

"Stick around and you'll be hearing more."

"I plan too." He responded and took me by surprise again as I laced up my sneakers. 

I lifted one of my eyebrow in question, "You're starting to be sweet, are you sure those rogues didn't you on the head?"

"Not the rogues, but you certainly did princess. Multiple times." He glared at me playfully.

"Hmm, don't remember." I mussed before leading the way towards the garage, "Anyways, you owe me ice-cream and after what you did today, you better make it a triple scoop."

"Ice-cream? Did you hit your head? Because I don't recall I owing you anything."

I waved him off, "Don't worry about the details, just that I like chocolate and cookie dough."

He chuckled at me as we entered the garage, "I think you're forgetting that I have no money."

I turned to him with a mischievous smile, "You'll work off your fee, don't worry."

"You don't mean that." He said with waning confidence. 

"When we get to the ice-cream shop, you'll know exactly what I mean." I grabbed the keys of my 1956 Jaguar XKSS before turning towards him.

He looked at me wearily, "You're not planning on driving are you?"

"Certainly not letting you drive my baby," I said as I walked over to my car. "Her name's Gloria, but you can call her Glo for short."

"Is this a-"

"1956 Jaguar XKSS?" I asked with a proud smirk, "Yes it is. Now hope in."