Chapter 9: Cherry On This Hunk Of A Sundae

Chapter 9

My father quickly shoved Callum off of him and got to his feet. My mate swung a fist right into my father's jaw and I could tell my dad had had enough so he jostled him back into the seat that Callum was occupying. In turn, it flipped over with both of them landing on the floor.

Dad tried to restrain Callum by grabbing his wrists but Callum used his forehead to smash into the bridge of my dad's nose.

Callum couldn't fight him off but that move was to his advantage as my father released one of Callum's hand to grab his bleeding nose. Callum used his free hand to grab my dad's neck and flip his body over my father's instead.

I could tell my dad was confused by Callum's strength, but if he was telling the truth, then Callum is also a part werewolf. My idiot of a mate then tried to throttle my father by grabbing his neck but my father was quick to punch him in the gut to which Callum fell off my dad and grabbed his stomach.

As I took a step to stop the fight, my mother's hand grabbed my arm, "Trust me, they need to get out their anger. I'll heal them up after."

She was right, their hatred for each other had to blow up at some point.

Might as well let them get it out now.

My father had risen to feet as he looked at Callum on the ground, "Come on boy, you want to fight like a man? Then get up and fight."

Callum didn't back down, he got right up and lunged at my father but dad didn't hesitate to give him a right hook which busted his lip.

"Ohh! Not the face dad come on!" I grumbled and my mother giggled at my side but I was not kidding.

Just great! This is exactly how I expected my dad and mate to get along... not.

Callum didn't take to likely to his bleeding lip so he shoved my dad into the coffee table... the glass coffee table.

The glass shattered under my dad's weight and I heard him wince but that didn't stop the pair from fighting.

"Okay, they broke my table, I think it's time we break it up." My mother said as she went to grab my dad's hands and I grabbed Callum by his shoulder and easily hauled him to his feet.

He went to swing another fist but he stopped when he realized it was me. But he pulled out of my grasp and looked over to my bleeding father who had shards of glass stuck to his back. Good thing mom was a certified doctor.

And magical healer.

I went to wipe away some of the blood on Callum's chin but he grabbed my wrist and dropped it before stepping away from me.

"Cal-"

"Just save it, Everette." He sighed as he leaned against the railing of the staircase and wiped his bleeding lip on his dirty white shirt.

'Just give him some space honey, I'm sure his mind is in a battle over who his parents really were.' My mother mind linked me.

'He already hates me, mom. I know it.' I said.

'He's your mate, he may not understand it but he'll come around. Just give him some time.' She responded before switching back to audibly speaking, "Ev can you bring my first aid kit from the bathroom please?"

I gazed back at Callum but he refused to look at me or even let me help him. So I left him standing in his solitude as I went to grab the first aid kit from my parents' bathroom.

You'd suspect a classic little box with a white plus sign on it, but nope. My mom had a large red duffle bag with all sorts of medical knick-knacks that came in handy when my dad got hurt training or was attacked severely by a rogue. Of course, we healed quickly but some wounds can take a few hours of excruciating pain before it healed.