Chapter 3: The Ritual

Chapter 3

"You ready for tonight?" My sister Taelyn asked as she came into the kitchen in the packhouse.

"If by ready you mean anxiously dying on the inside then sure," I said as I placed some lettuce in my sandwich.

Taelyn's hand quickly shoot across the counter and grabbed my plate. "Thanks," she mumbled before taking a bite.

"Taelyn! You little brat that was my mine." I grumbled but just grabbed more bread to make another.

Despite stealing my food and being a fourteen-year-old teen, she actually wasn't that obnoxious. Unlike our thirteen-year-old brother Thor.

Well technically his first name is Inigo but my dad secretly set his middle name as Thor and it kinda just stuck. My mom was extremely pissed when she got his birth certificate.

Speaking of the little devil...

"Hey Ev, make me one of those will yah." He practically commanded me.

His alpha and older sister.

"Make it yourself Loki," I smirked when he shot me a glare.

"It's Thor." He grumbled.

"Are you sure about that? You're kind of a miserable little punk." I teased.

"Whatever Christmas Eve." He shot back as he walked up beside me to grab some bread.

I hit him upside the head, "It's Ev, not Eve."

"Ouch, the heck! I'm telling mom." He grinned.

"Telling mom what?" Our mom walked in unsuspectingly.

"Ev h-" Thor began but I wrapped my arm around his head and slapped my palm over his mouth.

"I was just wondering why my dear little brother here is so hungry." I smiled but it came out wary.

"They ate lunch like a half-hour ago." My mother said with a frown.

"She forgot to mention that she cooked and not dad." Taelyn looked like she was about to throw up.

"What was that Taelyn?" My mother asked.

But before Tae could answer, my little brother opened his mouth and licked my palm.

"Eww, you're such a dork." I scolded as I removed my hand from his mouth and ran my saliva covered palm on the side of his face.

He just shrugged and took my second sandwich before taking a seat beside Taelyn at the counter.

"She slapped me by the way," Thor said pointing in my direction before he took a bite of my sandwich.

"Everette!" My mom scolded.

"He's just exaggerating." I waved her off before going to the sink to thoroughly cleanse my palm free of Thor's spit induced germs.

"Mom I'm not! She really did slap me on the head." He whined.

"Maybe I should have kicked your a-"

"Everette!" My mother warned again.

I turned back around from the sink and headed straight for the door. "I'm done with these kids."

"Where are you going?" My mom asked as I exit the kitchen.

"To find some food, those two ate out my ham." I frowned.

"Okay but don't forget tonight's the Blood Moon and you need to leave by one is you want to find your mate." She said.

"What if I don't want to find him?" I grinned.