Epilogue

Epilogue

~ 1 Year Later ~

"Ready to get married?" I asked Charlotte.

We were currently in the new and improved packhouse. We built it bigger and better than how it was before. That included a long ceremony hall where the wedding was going to be.

I walked up behind her to help with her veil as she huffed, "Do you think everything's perfect outside? What about my dress? Do you think it's too pink? Maybe I should of worn white? And Max? Do you think he'll cry? If he doesn't cry I'll strangle him." 

I smirked behind her before placing my hands on her shoulder and looking at her from the mirror reflection, "Char, just breathe. In and out, slowly."

She nodded and took a few deep breaths and calmed down.

"Everything is perfect, just the way you wanted it. Your dress is perfectly you and if Max doesn't start crying when you start walking then I'll pepper spray him."

She giggled and lightened up instantly. 

Her mom, Caroline, approached us with a smile, "My beautiful daughter. You'll be fine Charlotte, it's just the nerves."

"Has dad stopped crying yet? He can't be sobbing while walking me down the aisle," Char expressed nervously.

"Beau is fine. Everything is fine." Her mom tried to reassure her.

"Your mom's right Charlotte, everything is perfect. I ran through everything for you," My mom said as she joined us. 

"Thank you, Aunt Emery," Char smiled appreciatively before turning to me. "One last question, are you sure you got the minister licenses to officiate the wedding?"

I smiled, "I bought it online so I hope it's real. But also, it doesn't matter because your wedding isn't being registered under human laws."

"Right," She nodded. 

Even though I was Char's maid of honor, she also asked me to officiate her wedding. I, of course, said yes since it seemed fun. Max also wanted Cal to be his best man as they've both gotten close over the last year.

Their bromance was oddly endearing. 

As Charlotte went to slip on her heels, my mom leaned closer to me and whispered, "I can't wait to help you on your big day. The dress, the ceremony. It will all be so beautiful."

She started tearing up and I wrapped my arms around her, "Don't cry or you'll make me cry."

She sniffled and brushed her tears away, "You're right, you're right. I'll save it for your wedding. By the way, this dress looks amazing on you."

I gave her a little spin in my long, plunging v-neck and clinched waist dusty blue bridesmaid dress. The waist had an embroidered floral pattern and I thanked the Moon Goddess that Char had impeccable taste. 

"Beautiful," She commented just before June walked in with six-year-old Gracie who was our flower girl.

Everyone immediately awed at how adorable she looked with a flower crown and a princess dress in the same blue that matched us, bridesmaids.

Penelope, who was another bridesmaid, picked up Gracie and twirled her around. 

"Look at you sweetpea, you look like you belong in a fairytale." 

She blushed and laid her head down on Pen's shoulder, "Thanks, mommy."

Olly and Gracie have both adapted to their new life and started calling June and Penelope 'mom' or 'mommy'. You bet they both cried when their kids called them that.