Chapter 19: Green-Eyed Monster

***THIS WAS A DOUBLE UPDATE AND I HOPE YOU DID NOT MISS CHAPTER 18***

Chapter 19

~ A few weeks later ~

"There's only been one attack so from the rogues over the last few weeks, so I want you to make sure that everyone on border patrol has their eyes and ears peeled. Any activity is to be reported to me and I want you both to look over this personally." I stared at my Beta and Gamma who immediately nodded in understanding as we all sat in my office in the packhouse.

"I just don't understand why they've suddenly gone radio silent on us after their attacks have been getting worse over the past twenty years." Charlotte mused as she stared at the table as if it held all the answers. 

"Agreed, it makes no sense. Whatever they're planning must be big." Penelope pinned with her eyes, "Really big."

I knew exactly what she meant. I felt it around the atmosphere of the pack. It was way too quiet and something was going to happen.

Sooner rather than later. 

"We just need to get ahold of one." I thought, "But we'd have to do whatever it takes to make the rogue sing."

I wasn't going to act like it was below me. Killing rogues was apart of my nature and if I had to do some messed up things to get ahead of their plans, I will. 

For my pack and my mate.

"And the hunters haven't shown up either." Char pipped in.

"Are you sure Callum was telling the truth? Because there hasn't been any sign of a human either." Pen noted. 

"He didn't lie." Was all I said because I knew he didn't. I trust him now. And I know he wouldn't break that now. But they were right, the rogues and hunters are missing in action and I felt the knot of unease in my stomach.

Heavy footsteps approached the door and from the scent, I knew it wasn't Callum so I rolled up the map of the pack where we just marked off some patrolling strategies.

A new plan being scouting in the trees, the height will give us a vantage point. But I wanted my most trusted warriors on the know before we trained everyone.  

I trusted my pack, but I couldn't risk my only plan right now. Too much was at stake.

'It's Finn.' Charlotte rolled her eyes as she mind linked both Pen and me.

'Be nice.' I waved at her.

'Speaking of Finn,' Pen looked at the door before her eyes flashed back to my own with worry, 'border patrol said they've seen him disappearing in and out of the pack territory. Any idea what's going on?'

My eyebrows creased as I sat up straighter in my chair, 'Disappearing? I know he hasn't been around much but I wasn't aware that he's been leaving the pack.'

Pen's eyes narrowed as there was a knock came on the door and he opened it up without me answering. But that was typical pack behavior. 

Charlotte and Penelope gave me warning eyes as the stood from their seats.

"Hey ladies, am I disturbing?" Finn asked as he gave us all his usual warm smile.

"No, we were just about done here," Charlotte grumbled as she walked towards the door and as Pen trailed behind.

'You need to ask him where he's been, Everette.' Pen stated before she closed the exited the office and left the door wide open.

"Is it just me or were they looking at me like I ran over their puppies?" He quirked up a brow.