Chapter 32: Ice-cream On A Hot Summer Day

The Mature version of this chapter can be found under the story 'Restricted Chapters' on my profile. The entire chapter is up there for anyone who wants to read the smutty version. **This version is completely smut-less for the young ones and those that prefer not to read explicit details.**

Chapter 32

The scent of juniper berries and fresh sage filled my nostrils as I stretched out my aching body and sprawled out onto the large comfy bed.

As I spread eagle, my left hand knocked into something and I heard a groan before a gasp.

"Everette?" I heard a voice whisper near me.

I grumbled in my sleepy state and placed a finger on my lip in the universal symbol of 'shh'.

"Even in her sleep she's knocking me in the head," the voice scoffed quietly, and I giggled before I felt an extremely warm hand gently hold my left one. "Wake up babe, I need to know you're alright."

Peering one eye opened I watched a concerned Callum staring down at me, "Why would I not be alright?"

"I thought Gramps was the one with memory loss..." he mused. "The rogues from Fairbairn, they ambushed us after we killed the three behind the diner. They scratched you up with silverberry before one of them stood on you, broke two of your ribs."

The worry written all over his face didn't subside, but I remembered what happened. I honestly just thought it was a nightmare... guess not.

But I also remembered something else, "You got back your powers!"

My excited squeal rivalled all squeals as I leaped from the bed and into Cal's arms where he was sitting beside the bed.

"Woah! Take it easy now Princess, your body's been through some ruff shit." But he made no attempt to let me go as his arms wrapped around my waist and comfortingly ran up and down my back. "You scared the shit out of me."

I leaned back and looked at him, "It must not have been that serious though if I'm alive."

"Don't joke around about that Ev, I'm serious. After I burnt that rogue to ashes, you were barely breathing. Finn said in order for your bones to heal back into shape we had to get a brace for your back. That was one thing, but we also had to clean the wounds on your back because the damn silverberry was stopping you from healing." His jaw clenched in anger as he recalled what happened.

"I'm healed now though," I assured him as I touched my chest and only then noticed that I was dressed in one of Callum's t-shirt.

"After you passed out..." His eyes flickered to burning light green.

"Babe, your eyes. Don't burn your grandpa's house down." I placed my palms on his chest.

Placing a kiss on my forehead he said, "I won't. But I know how you felt now after I was taken by the rogues. It's was torture sitting here and not being able to do anything about you waking up."

"Well, you know me, not willing to give up the life of ice-cream and annoying you." I grinned and he rolled his eyes. "How long have I been out for?"

"About eighteen hours. After we made sure you were alright, Kelly and Minna helped clean you up and dress you before Finn and some of the hunters went back in Fairbairn to see if there was any left. They're all gone and the ones who showed up here either got their asses burnt to a crisp or shot." He filled me in.

"That's good, twenty less to worry about but we still have the situation of Abel," I sighed. "Cheer me up and tell me about your powers."

Wrapping my arms around his shoulders, he placed tiny kisses all over my face.