Chapter 41: True Alpha

Chapter 41

Mom. They had my mom. 

Something snapped onto my hind leg before I registered that there were more rogues in human form behind me. 

The burning sensation immediately made me aware that it was silver. But a sudden void feeling within me made my stomach drop. Uneasiness filled me as I looked down to see there were shards of hypersthene lining the inside of the silver cuff. 

I couldn't mind link anyone. Fuck.

"Shift Everette," the woman said again. 

I growled again and kicked one of the rogues behind me. I watched as his body crashed into a nearby tree.

Tsking, she shook her head, "You don't listen, do you? Alpha Doris requests your presence and if you don't comply, I'm afraid your dear mother and you are both going to die." 

Anger coursed through me at the revelation that we would both die whether I followed through or not. 

I was no match for these rogues and I couldn't exactly mind link for help. Doris wasn't exactly going to keep us alive if she attacked our pack either. 

But if the old lady wanted to talk, then we'd talk. 

God knows it might buy me some until someone realizes I'm missing. 

The rogue approached me with clothes in her hand and I shifted. Another was was quick in her movements to tighten the cuff on my feet and I bit back a scream from the silver touching my skin. 

I grabbed the plain white shift dress and quickly covered myself up before she started walking. Two other rogues grabbed my arms and hauled me behind her. 

"What does she want?" I demanded angrily.

"To talk."

"And she wasn't brave enough to come to find me herself? Some Alpha," I scoffed. 

The rogues all snarled at me and I flipped them off because it's not like I could do much.

"Alpha Doris gave us a chance. She built us a home and let us do what we wish. She's ten times the Alpha you'll ever be, especially since your pack will die tonight," She stuck her nose up haughtily and I had an urge to grab her by her hair and shove her into the lava pit I came across.

"She's nothing but a coward who couldn't live with the pain everyone in my pack had to deal with," I spat.

Laughing she rolled her eyes, "No, she's wise and loyal. She knows who our enemies are and would never do anything to jeopardize our safety."

"Yeah? Is that why she's torturing young wolves and making the rest of you inject yourself with steroids?" I watched as her steps faltered. 

"Y-you don't know what you're talking about. The kids were never harmed and the steroids are-"

"Dangerous," I finished her sentence. "The thing you're injecting into your bodies has all sorts of defects and I don't even want to know how it will react to a werewolf's body. As for the kids, you know good and well what she's doing. I saw the scars of one of them myself so safe yourself from lying and just admit that Doris isn't all that and a bag of chips." 

Spinning around, she grabbed my neck and squeezed until my circulation was cut off. 

I struggled against her tight grip and the rogues who were holding my arms. Her eyes were the definition of evil as she smirked. 

"I'd kill you myself if our Alpha wasn't going to do the job. Now I guess I'll just have to suffice with watching." 

My lungs started burning from the lack of oxygen and I tried to kick her but she released me and stepped back.