Chapter 26: Those 'Evil Shits'

Chapter 26

The thundering of my heartbeat pounded in my ears as I tried to make sense of what was happening before me.

The hunters restrained my pack and Callum by securing their arms behind their backs.

"Get off me!" Cal growled as he struggled against the humans.

My heart sped up as Otis' arm blocked me from escaping the house, "What are you doing? This wasn't the deal."

"We didn't make a deal kid." He shrugged.

"I'm not leaving her!" Cal kept on shouting and my pack seemed two seconds away from shifting.

I felt something press into my side.

Looking down, Otis had a gun pressed to my ribs, "Tell your pack to be good little pups and don't shift or else I'll kill that boy in front of you and then you and your pack will follow suit."

His tone held no room for argument and I couldn't exactly fight my way out of this one.

Certainly not with Callum's life on the line and the silver bullet gun jammed into my ribs.

Fuck, I need an ice-cream.

I nodded my head and mind linked the pack, 'Calm down guys, I'm going to be alright and so will you all. Don't you dare shift or do anything stupid. And get Callum to relax. Tell him I'm fine.'

They all glared at me as if I just told them to fetch.

'Not happening Everette. We're not leaving you with that man.' Finn yelled into my head.

'I mean it Finnick, stop! Shift and we're all dead.' The heavy authority in my voice all had them bowing their heads and Cal's eyes flashed to me in a rage because he knew I was speaking to them.

"Everette!" Callum looked about ready to burn every man alive, "I swear if you little shits don't let me go I'm going to-"

Before I could hear him finish, Otis backed me inside and shut the door. I could still hear Callum shouting up a storm outside but it was muffled out and getting further away.

My eyes flickered around the space to assess my surroundings but it was sparsely furnished with an ancient television, a beat-up recliner, a fireplace and a small table with three chairs.

Only one window near the door and a hallway leading further into the house.

"Sit." He motioned to the table as he tucked his gun away.

Guess old man Otis was pretty sure of himself.

"Where did you have your people take my pack?" I questioned as I sat down on the chair opposite the one he occupied.

"We have a barn a few minutes away, pretty sure no one's going to want a dog in their house."

My eyes narrowed at that, "And what you plan to keep us there like farm animals?"

The harshness in my voice didn't surpass him but he seemed bored as he looked at me like he was about to explain basic math.

"No child, it's a farm barn. It a community center which I might add is the most costly structure we have here."

Perplexed I asked, "So why'd you have them taken there? And forced."

"As a werewolf, you would know your kind has super-hearing," He gave me a pointed look. "You didn't seem keen on anyone but me knowing what you're about to give up so I sent them away knowing they won't leave you alone willingly. I might be old, but I've been told I can be wise at times."