Chapter 34: Holy Mother of The Moon

Chapter 34

Finn's wolf was bleeding out as I dropped to my knees before him. His wolf was covered in bites and claw marks. His body held bleeding wounds that were no doubt inflicted with silver berry.

'Finn, what the hell happened?!' I sent through mind link. 

Whimpering, he pawed at the forest floor in pain as he shifted back to his human form. I barely registered Callum taking his shirt off and covering up Finn. 

"Ev... th-they're coming," he sputtered and I tried to cover up some of his wounds. 

"Shh, relax Finn, we'll get you all healed up," I tried to give him a smile as I turned around to the crowd of faceless people with worried expressions behind me. "Water! Can someone get me water?!"

Ross and Minna rushed to the other side of Finn with water to wash out his wounds. 

"S-s-top... it w-won't work," he pushed away their hands before turning back to me and grabbing my hand and placing something in it. 

Looking down, I saw a plant with leaves that had silver veins.

"Finn-"

"I found it... t-the silverberry plant. I-I'd been looking for months and I'm sorry I didn't tell you," He looked remorseful and I shook my head but he continued, "I didn't want you to worry about me or.... s-send an unnecessary amount of wolves out to look in places that I wasn't sure of-"

He stopped mid-sentence as he heaved and coughed and I felt my stomach drop.

"Relax Finn, you don't need to explain. You'll be okay. We'll get you back to the pack." I turned to Callum, "Help me get him up on my wolf?"

"Everette..." Finn's voice called back to me, "I won't make i-it."

"Shut up Finnick, don't you dare say that to your Alpha," I growled at him as I felt anger course through me.

He shook his head with a pained expression as I tried to press down on his wounds that continued to bleed despite the water. 

"They i-i-injected me with the silverberry right into my wounds...I-I won't heal. I'll bleed out before we make it b-back," He stammered. 

My insides twisted up in painful knots at his words, "Stop it, Finn, you'll be okay."

I was definitely assuring myself and not him as he gave me a sad smile. 

"We both k-know that's a lie. But you need to know t-they have at least two... two t-thousand rogues."

Callum cursed beside me and my whole body went into shock. Two thousand rogues? 

"W-when they attacked the hunter's camp, I knew there must be silver berry close by. I st-stumbled across a dozen of them and they took me back to their location... it's not far from the north building we found. They tried to get information from m-me, but I didn't give them shit. They injected me and told me to run... I-I managed to get the plant before I started running. You need help Ev, t-they'll be coming to attack soon. They s-said so."

Fuck. Fuck. Holy Fuck.

"Do you know who's in charge? Anyone we know? Did you see Abel?" I asked in a rush.

He tried to shake his head but failed as he groaned in pain, "No, t-they didn't say anything in front of me. I-I didn't smell anyone familiar or see Abel."

"I... You can't leave us Finn, that's an order," I managed to say as my hands got covered in his warm blood.

"I'm sorry Everette, I'm s-sorry I didn't tell you sooner," He coughed. "Tell my mom that I love her."