Chapter 11: My Idiot

Chapter 11

I focused my eyes on Callum's face as I glared daggers at him.

I can't believe I'm allowing this dingus to carry me through the forest. I didn't let anyone carry me around.

And yet here we are... right after he drugged me up.

He had no idea how pissed I was at him and to add to it, he was actively avoiding my glares of death.

The heat that radiated off his bare chest and through the flimsy t-shirt that covered me was however soothing my anger towards him. Not to mention the mix of his intoxicating scent that cleared my haziness. 

But I will not let this piece of eye candy deter my anger and plan for revenge.

Which may or may not involve some ice-cream and rope.

And no, not in that way...

"Done killing me with your eyes yet?" Callum asked as he shifted his eyes to me.

"Oh no, I'm going to glare at you for the amount of time that I thought you were dead for."

He snorted, "So little faith in me princess?"

I used my hand that was wrapped around his neck and tapped him upside the head, "Don't princess me. You ran off into a forest filled with rogues as if you were trying to die."

Callum having me a scolding look at my slap to his head, "One, that hurt. Two, I didn't try to die since I didn't know that there are rabid dogs out there. And three, maybe if I had my gun, I wouldn't have almost died."

"You can thank me and my pack for saving you later but as for your gun, I could only guess what you would've done with it if you had it when you drugged me up," I growled at him. 

He tensed at my insinuation, "If you really think I would have shot you then you clearly haven't been paying attention since you kidnapped me."

"Paying attention? To which part? The moment you held a gun to my head or the moment you handcuffed me with silver and injected me with some sort of drug?" I rose my eyebrow in question.

"Maybe I should remind you of the reason I'm here in the first place. You took me against my will so I'd say we're about even."

"Except we're not." I retorted. "You manipulated me last night into thinking that you'd actually give this a chance."

"And what exactly is this anyway Everette? Huh? Do you expect me to just sit back and have a family with you when I left everything behind?"

I could see the fire burning behind his eyes and I knew he had a point. But what was I supposed to do? This damn tradition fucked us all and now we're paying for it because good ole Ida thought it was a good idea.

"I didn't expect it to be easy for you but you said-"

"Oh, I meant every word I said, princess." He clarified as he cut me off.

"If you meant everything then why did you leave?" I asked as I tried to conceal the hurt from my voice.

"I told you. The hunters would come after me." He shrugged.

"You mean you left to protect them." I stared at him and his jaw clenched.

 "No, I had to leave for everyone's safety."

"And to get away from here," I added stubbornly.

"To protect you." He stated as he looked down at me and I felt my heart flip.

But do I trust him?

You know, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me and all that jazz.