Chapter 8: Mom's Weird

Chapter 8

I nervously chewed and swallowed the last bite of my sandwich as I approached the front door of my parent's house.

Callum already met my dad briefly but I was taking him to my parents' house.

To meet the parents.

The same parents that he hates along with myself.

The same parents who he thinks 'killed' his family.

How messed up was this situation on a scale of one to ten?

I'd say a thousand.

Surprisingly, Callum didn't try to run. After I told him we were meeting my parents, he just started to brew silently in a Callum way.

Wasn't much he could do anyways. If he ran, I could catch him. If he tried to punch my dad, well he can't since my dad has Alpha blood. 

So I didn't worry much about that.

As I opened the front door, I was relieved that Taelyn and Thor were currently at school and was going to our grandparents' house after because I didn't even want to know the embarrassment I would've faced from those two.

Especially Thor, that little devil.

When we entered, I saw dad coming out of his office while my mom was exiting the kitchen. I really hope dad didn't let her cook again. Let's pray for both the house and my siblings' stomachs.

I took a deep breath before clearing my throat, "Mom, dad. This is Callum, my victim."

Callum's body stood directly behind me and I could feel the tension radiating off of him in waves.

"Everette!" My mother scolded from across the house.

As my dad took a few steps closer to us, blocking my mother from view, Callum decided to step in front of me in an almost protective stance.

This was the second time he did that. I knew he was affected by the mate bond, I smirked on the inside before focusing on what was happening before me.

I peered up to the back of his head in weariness and prayed he didn't try to fight my dad.

I didn't want my mate to get his ass beaten but if he initiated it, I'd probably just make sure his important parts, no not that part, are bubbled wrapped before handing him over.

I noticed Callum's fist clenched as my dad played the protective father with his overbearing stance. 

Their mini staring contest was interrupted by my mother clearing her throat which caused Callum to become extremely guarded.

As he stepped back to my side and my mother stepped to my father's side, they finally faced each other.

My mother's eyes widened as she gasped.

All of our eyes shifted to her in confusion.

"Mom?"

"Emery?"

My dad and I asked in concern but her eyes were focused on Callum which worried me. My mate looked over to me with questioning in his eyes so I simply shrugged.

"Mom's weird," I mumbled and dad gave me a disapproving look.

"Your mother is not weird."

"Then why is she just staring at my mate like he grew a tail?" I asked.

"She-"

But before my dad could say anything, my mother finally spoke up, "You look just like them."