1 ⭐

Soulmates. It might just be the best thing in the world. the feeling that someone, your other half, the love of your life, is out there, waiting for you. Knowing that you're not alone. You'll never know when you meet them but once you two meet, you'll know it's them. Maybe through a touch of a hand or your eyes meeting. Isn't it just wonderful to fantasize about it? Wondering what they would look like. I can dream about it all day. Would he be waiting for me just like I'm waiting for him?

I opened my eyes, looking at the beautiful night sky, painted with a thousand stars lightening up the dark.  I had my earbuds in, the chord resting on my chest leading to my phone that was laying next to me in the grass. The calming music was playing softly, making me drowsier by the second.

A smile slowly appeared on my face again, all lost in my daydreams about my soulmate. I shook my head, pulling me back into reality. I quickly sat up and checked the time. 03:25. "It's already this late?" I said out loud, a little shocked. "I should stop daydreaming so much" I said, quickly standing up.

The park was totally empty, which made sense, it being the middle of the night. The way home from the park was nowadays never pleasant at this hour. Lots of playboys or drunk people would pass by, catcalling me or just staring at me. I'd take a detour if I could but the normal route home had been closed off for renovations for about a month now.

I barely went to the park because of it, I never really liked those kind of people. I still know nothing about my soulmate, but what I do know is that could never be someone like that. It will probably be someone romantic, who loves the stars and the sky as much as I do. Someone a bit reserved, but can be outgoing with people he trusts. It just has to be.

The streets became less peaceful as the bars closed in. People started crowding around me, coming out of the bars or going in them, most completely intoxicated by alcohol. I groaned in annoyance and looked down, turning the volume of my music up to cancel out all the other noises.

One voice however, stood out. No matter how much I turned up my phone's music, I would still hear it. It was like one of those annoying alarm clocks, not letting you out of it's grip. I looked up and instantly spotted the owner of the voice. It wasn't that hard since he really stood out, or at least to me. He wasn't very tall but still taller than me. His hair was dyed blonde but when he ran his fingers through his hair his black roots would show. He also seemed very well built, his clothes fitted him quite tightly. He was basically everything a mom would warn her daughter for.

He held a drink in his hand and was cheerfully laughing with his friends. Suddenly he turned his head towards me, making our eyes meet. It felt like they were piercing right through my soul. A weird feeling entered my stomach and everything else seemed to disappear, as if it was just me and him in this world.

I quickly shifted my eyes back to the ground. It couldn't possibly be him. "Wait!" the voice called out. I quickened my pace, not wanting to believe it but saw him running towards me. "Wait" he called out once more as he gently grabbed my hand, finally making me turn around. My whole body seemed to heat up, my cheeks becoming bright red. I didn't want to admit it, but up close he seemed even more handsome.

A somewhat shy smile slowly appeared on his face. "Hey" he said softly while scratching his neck with his free hand. I smiled a little, kind of awkward. "Chris, stop hitting on random girls again, she's obviously not our type of girl" one of the friends said from the other side of the street. Both our smiles instantly disappeared. "It's not like that, really! I wasn't trying to hit on you or anything, I was just, I-" he tried to tell me, but the words wouldn't come out.

I took my hand out of his grip and turned around. I wasn't going to believe a playboy was my soulmate. Before I could walk away he called out once more. "You felt it too right?" I shouted from behind me, making me stop once more, a little flustered. It was true, I did feel something, but what?

"Seeing you stopped means you did. Listen, I don't know what this feeling is but before I knew it I was already running towards you, not wanting to let you go, with the possibility of not seeing you again, that must mean something special right?" He sounded surprisingly desperate, not like any playboy. I mean, he could probably get anyone he wanted, why would he become desperate over someone he never met?

His friends slowly came walking up, definitely curious as for what their friend was blabbering about. "Meet me tomorrow in the old oak cafe at 2!" he quickly said before running towards his friends, making sure they wouldn't talk to me. I watched him walk away, his friends playfully hitting him.

When he was completely out of sight my emotions finally got the best of me, making me flustered, almost even panicking, considering I never felt anything like it before. "Is he really my soulmate?"