26 ⭐

The walk home was cold, yet somehow so warm. The cold breeze was easily overshadowed by the warmth of Jisung's arm holding me close. We both carried one bag each, not needing to take all that much with us. "Are you sure you were okay with leaving your phone there?" Jisung asked, a bit worried. "It wasn't really mine to begin with anyways... Plus I didn't want to see his name" I mumbled quietly, not sure if he heard the last bit. "I'll see if I have an old one you can use if you want, otherwise you can simply take mine from time to time if you ever need it."

After a long walk we arrived at the cabin once again, finally letting go of the bags. As Jisung let go of me I instantly felt colder, despite the cabin being a lot warmer than outside. "I think I'm gonna go shopping for a while, hopefully I can find a cheap matress somewhere" he said as he put both our bags in the room. He tossed me his phone, which I only just managed to catch. "Can you text Felix we arrived? I feel like all that guy does is worry over you, don't want that happening" he said laughingly, smiling like a bunny. "I'll text him, don't be gone for too long okay?" He got a closer, reaching my eye level. "Already missing me? Don't worry sunshine, I won't be gone for too long." He winked, overly obviously trying to flirt, only making me laugh at his failed attempt. "Get back safe!" I said just before he closed the door. "I will sunshine" he shouted back as he left.

Sunshine... Where did that even come from? A smile unconsciously grew as I laughed to myself. I had to admit, it was kind of cute. I shook my head, shaking the thought away as I went to Felix's contact in Jisung's phone. I couldn't get distracted now.

Jisung
-Felix, it's me, Y/N
-We arrived safely!
-Jisung is out to buy an extra matress though, but he should
be back soon I think.

Felix
-Hey cutie
-He can have ours, we don't need it anyways as someone probably won't be coming home again
-Can you text him?
- ....
-Nevermind, I'll try to see if I
can find him
-Stay safe~

I tried to get rid of my thoughts, but my attention kept shifting back to that one sentence. I knew he was referring to Chris, what else could it possibly be. Would he be staying over at Hyunjin's? Would he even have a place to stay? What was he going to do anyways? Now that everyone knew, would he still come after us? I honestly didn't know what was going to happen anymore at this point. Anything was possible.

Another message came in, this time from Minho.

Minho
-Jisung, what the heck dude
-Is Chris seriously the one who has been threatening us?
-That would seriously explain how he seemed to know everything... That asshole
-I can't believe I trusted that guy
-How are you and Y/N holding up? I knew she and Chris were pretty damned close
-I'm just glad she found out now instead of later, would've been bad if she became too attached to him.

I put the phone down, looking up. Not too attached huh... If only that was the case, that would've made things so much easier. Getting attached easily was a curse cast upon me from birth. This time I actually thought things would go different... But I guess people are all the same. Almost all, though.

I picked the phone up from the couch again, replying after all.

Jisung
-She's fine, don't worry
-Let's just try to forget about him

Easier said than done, I know, but I wanted to. Minho was right, Chris and I didn't know each other for all that long. How much time has passed since we met? Three months maybe? I honestly had no grip on time anymore. Time went by so fast, yet so awfully slow. Forgetting about him was going to be difficult, part of me didn't even want to, but it was for the best right? I just needed to convince myself over and over that it would be for the best, that would hopefully speed up the process.

A knock on the door startled me, but after hearing Jisung's voice relief instantly washed over me. I opened up, seeing Jisung with his hands full. He stumbled into the room, putting everything down. "I thought I was gonna die out there, goodness this is heavy" he said, panting heavily. "Did...did you just take an entire bed with you?" I asked as I carefully looked at all of the parts he brought. "Felix gave it to me, saved me a lot of money. Didn't want him to know the place though so I had to walk all the way here... I think I broke my back trying to carry it."

He let himself fall down on the couch, letting out a huge sigh. "I'll put it together later, for now let's rest out." A shiver got sent down my spine, still feeling a little cold as the cabin wasn't too warm. Jisung got a hoodie out of his bag, throwing it at me. "Put this on, it'll warm you up" he said, now lying down on the couch. I put it over my sweater, the hoodie slightly oversized. "You know I could've just gotten a blanket?" I said laughingly as I sat down at the end of the couch. Jisung simply shrugged, looking up. "True but you look cute in my hoodie, so it's a win win."

The sun went down, and nightfall came. Jisung and I had fixed the bed, somehow managing it to fit in the small bedroom Jisung's bed was in. We both changed into our Pajamas, separately of course as we lay down in our beds, which were right next to each other due to a lack of space. We both lay done on our sides of the put together bed.

A heavy storm blew over the cabin, the wooden roof shrieking. Hail was falling down as fast as lighting, thunder roaring through the skies, louder and louder. I hugged my blanket tighter, not being able to sleep. I turned around, only to find myself facing Jisung, who was looking at me with worry.

"Can't sleep either?" he whispered, his blanket pulled up just a little higher than usual. I shook my head, flinching as the thunder got even louder. "Is it just me or do they get closer?" I asked, starting to feel a little uncomfortable. Jisung scooted over, taking me in his arms like a teddy bear.

"Just focus on my heartbeat, I'll help you forget about everything else."