29 ⭐

"What do you know about their plans? Especially since you guys didn't even bother to us for over a month!" I asked, hoping to get any information. "We didn't see you for over a month, but they still bothered Jisung almost daily..." My brows furrowed. "What do you mean...?"

Jeongin let out a sigh. "Whenever he'd go out to go grocery shopping or anything Hyunjin would always approach him, literally torture him. I honestly don't understand how he was able to endure it all..." A tear escaped my eye. You're telling me that while I was simply at home he'd be taunted by Hyunjin? Why didn't he tell me? 

"Jisung has been saving up money, paying him bit by bit to make sure they wouldn't hurt you, although I'm not sure if it would ever stop." I hit the bench in frustration, creating a bruise in the process. "I can't believe they're this low! Hyunjin is an asshole, I know that much, but that Chris is still continuing this is already enough of a reason for me to justify hating him."

Jeongin shook his head. "Chris actually disappeared. We hadn't seen him until just now, no idea what he was up to. Although, if I'm honest, I don't know the first thing about him, we never really talked." I sighed in defeat. "Jeongin, do you have any idea on how to make it stop? Isn't there anything we can do?" He looked as defeated as I did. "I'm really not sure... Even though they got me involved I don't know anything about their plans."

I lowered my head, feeling totally powerless. "There has to be some way we can help him..." I suddenly shot up. "Jeongin, you said Chris hadn't been in the picture right? Does that mean Hyunjin and Seungmin are acting on their own now?" Jeongin looked at me a little shocked, not having realized it before. "After we hadn't heard from Chris for about a week or so I did hear them talking about taking things into their own hands..."

"What if somehow we get Chris to blow this whole thing off? I mean, Hyunjin should probably still have some respect for him right?" Jeongin shook his head, disappointed. "He tried to contact him at first, but got so frustrated he said he'd start on his own, regardless of what Chris thought of it... But I might have another idea."

I was so hopeful I didn't even see the worry in Jeongin's eyes. "What is it? Tell me, anything will do!" Jeongin just stared at the ground, shaking his head. "No, I can't let you do that, it's way too dangerous." He mentally scolded himself for simply even thinking what he did, but I didn't give up. I had to save Jisung. He had done so much for me, how could I possibly not do the same for him? "Jeongin, please, I'm begging you. At least just tell me!"

His eyes met mine, his growing more worried by the second. "Y/N, I don't know... It really is a horrible idea. I can't possibly let you be at risk like that." I vigorously shook my head. "I don't care, I just need Jisung to be safe, please. For all I know they're torturing him right now, I can't live with myself leaving it when there was a possibility of saving him Jeongin."

He let out a defeated sigh. There was no stopping me, he could see that as well. "The only thing I can think of is for you to switch places..." My eyes widened. "But what would Hyunjin want to do with me? I mean, he had left me alone all this time." My mind was going crazy... Switching places with Jisung... It did seem like the only opportunity, but could I really make it through?

"That's true, but there's a reason for that. Hyunjin was going to go after you, in a kind of way to spite Chris. You were basically his trophy, stealing that seemed like the best way to hurt him, according to Hyunjin then. He would talk about it all the time, how he had just thought of the things he'd do when he had you... It was so scary to listen to, I thought I was going to throw up because of how sickening those things were."

"So why didn't he?" I asked, feeling a mixture of curiosity and fear rise. "What do you think, because of Jisung of course. It was either him or you, so he sacrificed himself to keep you safe. That boy really is going through lengths for you Y/N... He's really brave, I admire him for that. It's just horrible Hyunjin had to get to him... I'm so sorry."

He tried so hard to fight his tears, biting his lower lip. He grabbed hold of my hands, looking me right in the eye. "Y/N, I know you love Jisung but please don't go. I don't think I'll be able to ever forgive myself if Hyunjin would hurt you, or even worse." I caressed his hand with my thumb, trying my hardest to calm him down. "Whatever will happen out there is by far not your fault. Hyunjin is a sick person, if anyone is at fault it's him."

He was left speechless, leaving a silence. He just stared in front of him, not even moving an inch. "You're going to do it aren't you?" he asked quietly after a while, voice raspy. I couldn't bring myself to answer him, but we both knew. No words had to be spoken for that. "Of course you are..." he continued, concluding it for himself.

"Hyunjin and Seungmin should leave Jisung alone in a few minutes and go to the park, you'll probably be there in time if you run." I instantly got up, running towards them. "Please be careful" I heard Jeongin yell after me, his hands buried in his head. There was no time to waste now. I had to help Jisung, if I was ever going to repay him for all of what he had done for me it had to be now.

Hang in there for just a little longer Jisung, I'm going to free you from your misery, it'll all be over soon.