9 ⭐

Hyunjin's head instantly turned to me, now with just as big a smirk. "You know cheating is bad right? But if that's what you do you should come by sometimes, I promise I'll keep it a secret from your b-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d." He got up, walking over with such confidence, more than I could ever possibly have in my entire life. He leaned in, his lips only an inch away from my ear. "I think we need to have a little chat Missy."

Chris, who had tried to remain as calm as possible up till now, pulled Hyunjin away, standing right in front of me to protect me. "Listen dude, I don't know what you're planning on doing to her but whatever you do, don't you dare involve her in this." Hyunjin's smirk never left, on the contrary, it just grew wider, amused by Chris's bravery. "Why don't we call her boyfriend then, ask him if he has the money yet, that way there's no need for us to involve her."

Chris scoffed again, walking up dangerously close to Hyunjin. "Listen, I'm not doing this again. We've made a deal. I suggest you keep to it." Hyunjin growled, looking away, terribly annoyed. "Whatever dude." He turned to the other two. "Let's go, I lost my appetite." The softer one sure looked disappointed but simply agreed, seemingly not in a position to say something. Hyunjin opened the door, but the youngest strangely stayed still, looking down to the ground.

He turned to me, a shy smile appearing on his face, something I absolutely did not expect. "You know, if circumstances would've been different, maybe we could have gotten to know each other more, but sadly things are the way they are... I'm Jeongin, it was nice seeing you again." Hyunjin's jaw dropped a little, not seeming to believe his ears. "Yah, I.N, you're not telling me you actually like her do you? You deserve better than a cheater, let's go." Jeongin's gaze lingered on my face for a while but left without saying another word.

As soon as they were out of sight Felix dropped all he was holding, slamming his hands on the counter. "FINALLY!" Changbin finally came out, peeking his head from behind the wall first to make sure it was safe. Their words definitely hurt, and I was beyond scared, but the all I could think of was Chris. The way he balled his fists, clenched his jaw, he looked like a time bomb, every moment able to explode.

I carefully walked up to him, making sure to keep some distance. "Chris...are you okay?" I called out softly. He seemed to release hit tight grip, a little shocked himself by his hold. "Yeah, I'm fine... Are you though? What were they thinking, how dare they!" His anger returned, but I quickly calmed him down again, slowly getting hold of his hand. "I'm okay, don't worry about me."

Chris sat down again, hands burying his head. "Hey, you know this isn't your fault right?" I asked as I sat squatted down in front of him, trying to look him in the eyes which he so desperately tried to hide. "I know... I just hate the fact that this all happened, I wish things would just go back to the way they were." Felix hit Chris with the cooking pan before putting the food on our plates. "That way I wouldn't have met my sister in law you idiot. Now stop mocking yourself and eat, it'll be okay." Chris's smile slowly returned as he ruffled his little brothers hair. "Thanks Lix."

Suddenly Chris's phone went off, not sure of what to expect. "Jisung, what's up? They're doing what now? Stay right where you are, I'm on my way!" He hung up, already grabbing his coat. He walked up to me, quickly kissing my forehead before running out. Changbin, Felix and I looked at each other in horror, already knowing this was going to end bad, one way or another.

"I should probably go home before they come back..." I said slightly scared. Felix and Changbin looked at each other, then back to me with an 'are-you-an-idiot-look'. "Listen, we love you, but you really are an idiot aren't you?" Changbin said, already shaking his head. "If you go home now, who knows what'll happen? Clearly they're already out for you, if they catch you who knows what they'll do?"

"Can't I just tell them I'm not dating Jisung and I was just trying to help him?" Felix shook his head. "They probably noticed as well that you're already involved and Jisung must at least care a bit about you since you practically saved him, even if you two aren't dating, the easiest way to get to him is through you." I should have just stayed home and eaten the leftover pizza instead of going out...

"Listen, if you really insist on going home, at least let me go with you so we can go to my house together, I'll close up the cafe for the day" Felix insisted, noticing I really needed some space and peace. I still refused, already holding up Chris's keys. "I'll just see you tonight okay?" He nodded in agreement, still not comfortable with the feeling of me going alone, but knowing whatever he did I'd refuse. "I'll see you tonight then, be safe okay?" I smiled softly, reassuring him a little. "I will."

Or at least I thought I would, if only I knew how wrong I was. I barely left the street or two strong hands dragged me in an alley, his one hand around my waist, keeping me close to him and keeping my arms from moving, his other hand on my mouth to stop me from screaming. He touched something in his ear, whispering silently.

"I got her."