7 ⭐

My breath hitched as I heard footsteps coming closer, voices becoming louder and louder by the second. "What do you know about her?" one of the voices asked, the three stopping awfully close to where we were standing. Only one step closer and they'd spot us right away. "Her name is Y/N, nothing much about her to be honest. Lives alone, about our age, recently moved and doesn't really have social media... This girl is like a ghost, honestly."

One of them threw a soda can on the ground, rolling just before my feet. "Honestly, that's not going to help anyone. I need an address, her usual spots, anywhere we can catch her off guard!" The one who just spoke already seemed like trouble. He was quite handsome, his black hair just covering his brows, he was long, slim yet well built. He could probably get anywhere with his looks alone.

The younger looking one nodded, seeming slightly scared by his friend. Honestly, I don't blame him though, I'd be too if I were in his shoes. The seemingly most important one let out a sigh in annoyance. "Whatever, we'll find her in the morning, let's go for now." I could see his foot come out of the corner, meaning that it would only take a second before they'd spot us.

In an instant, Chris turned us around. He put his hoodie over his head, leaning in to kiss me. His hand was on the side of my face, covering it for others. The footsteps now actually passed, one of them stopping right in front of us. "Get a room" the voice said laughingly before going back to the others.

Chris quickly let go, his ears bright red. "That... wasn't really how I was planning our first kiss" he said shyly, rubbing the nape of his neck. I looked down, desperately trying to avoid his gaze. "Me...neither" I spoke almost inaudibly, way too embarrassed. He took my hand, taking me further away from them. "Why don't you sleep at ours tonight? Changbin and Felix are probably sharing his bed anyways so the guest room will be free... I'm scared they'll find you otherwise."

I now looked up, looking him right in the eye. "Chris, what even is going on? Why on earth am I suddenly being targeted by who knows who?" He looked down, clearly uneasy. "Let's talk at my house okay? I promise I'll explain there." I looked so geniunely worried, how was I supposed to say no? I simply followed without a word, quietly walking back with him.

His apartment was way closer to mine than I thought it would be, only about 5 minutes of walking I think. He searched his pockets, only to instantly panick, even though he tried to hide it. "Ehm..." he started off awkwardly. "Could you call Felix for me? I left everything in my room..." For one second my heart skipped a beat. He didn't do anything special, but just the way he looked at me was adorable, as a first grader saying they forgot their pyjamas to a sleepover. I smiled brightly, even though I tried my best to hide it. "Of course."

The phone rang one...two...three...four times before going to voice mail. I tried again, hoping this time it'd be different, but sadly not. "Maybe try calling my number, who knows if they'll hear it?" I did, and luckily enough Changbin picked up. "Y/N? Chan isn't home right now... It's already late, why are you still up?" Chris laughed as he took over the phone. "We're outside and it's freezing, could you open the door?" Almost instantly the door opened, Changbin still holding the phone against his ear. "I knew I couldn't sleep for a reason..."

He threw Chris's phone in his hands, closing the door behind us. "What on earth are you two doing here at this hour anyways? I thought you went home?" Before I could answer, Chris already cut me off with one word. "Jisung." Somehow it was enough for Changbin to instantly understand. "I'll leave you two to talk, I should probably try to sleep as well. Lix is already fast asleep so please don't make too much noise!" We both nodded, only to be alone again.

"About those guys..." I started, hoping to finally get an answer. Chris sat down, immediately getting to the point. "They're dealers. The kind of illegal ones. One time when Jisung couldn't pay for his drink the leader, Hyunjin, paid for them. In exchange, Jisung would have to deliver something down the street, it all seemed so simple, but was too good to be true... When he found out he was actually delivering drugs he threw them away, and obviously they found out."

I listened closely to every word he said. Somehow I felt relieved, glad Jisung wasn't as bad as Felix led me to believe. "They said if Jisung didn't hand 1.000.000 won before the end of the year they'd... Do things you wouldn't want to know... Also threatening his friends and family." He let out a deep sigh, looking right at me, staring right into my soul. "When you called out to him, pretending to be his girlfriend, they obviously saw you as target they could use against him, that's why they're after you too right now..."

He shook his head, burrying his head in his hands. "I'm so sorry you got into this mess." I hurriedly walked up to him, holding both his hands down to free his head, causing him to look at me. "Listen, this isn't your fault, don't blame yourself for any of it. We'll figure out a solution somehow okay? All of us." He nodded, seemingly relieved. "Thank you Y/N, really."

After a while of chatting we went upstairs. "This is the guest room, you can use it for the next couple of days until we find you a better place to stay. I'll pick up your stuff tomorrow okay?" I nodded, too tired to protest. "Goodnight Chris" I said sweetly before opening the door... "Changbin?" Chris came back, looking in the room where Changbin was sound asleep. "You've got to be kidding me... Where am I supposed to sleep?" "With me."