35 ⭐

"Y/N" Chris called out again, but I instantly walked away. As far as I could, meaning only a few metres apart. "No. No Chris. There is nothing to say. You used Jisung, your best friend, for money, you betrayed and deceived everyone around you, everyone who cared for you, who loved you." My heart once again broke into a thousand pieces. "I loved you Chris. I really did, but I can never trust you again. Every word that comes out of your mouth I will start to doubt. I don't think I can handle it, so please just don't talk to me. Don't hurt me any more than you already did."

My breath hitched, tears once again rolling down. I sniffled, trying my best not to cry, but obviously failing. I crouched down, leaning against the wall and hugging my knees. I couldn't see him, but I could hear his footsteps closing in. I felt his arms wrap themselves around me, hearing Chris cry. I tried to get out, but feeling how strong his grip was I stopped wasting my time on it. My heart was shattering, in a million pieces.

"Y/N, I can't do this. I didn't want to lie to you, I didn't mean to hurt Jisung. I really was going to turn it all around, but if I told you you could be in danger. I figured if I told you afterwards it wouldn't hurt as much."
"It only hurts more now, can't you see that! How could you possibly turn the fact around that you were stealing money from your own best friend! That you apparently were the leader of a freaking gang! How was that going to be turned around!" I shouted out.

"For goodness sake Y/N, please just listen to me" he begged, breaking down as well. "Yes, I won't deny all those things but it's really not what you think. They came onto me first, but I had to earn their trust in order to get enough evidence to turn them in! I panicked, and told them about Jisung. An easy target with a lot of money. I finally earned their trust, started organizing things, and got them to trust me, it was finally going well! I was going to pay Jisung back, every single penny. Please Y/N, you have to believe me" he cried out, leaving wet stains on the back of my shirt.

"I believe you... But what you did was not right, and I don't know if I can ever forgive you for it. It's not about the money Chris, Chan, N, whatever! You hurt him, you mentally scarred him. The poor thing had to hide in fear, and meanwhile he trusted you! Even if your intentions were good, your actions weren't and really hurt a lot of people, can't you see that?" I let out an annoyed sigh, frustrated with both myself and him. Here I was, already finding myself wanting to forgive him, but I shouldn't. It wouldn't be fair to Jisung, nor myself. Falling in love with him was already bad enough, but even now still wanting to forgive him was the most painful. I couldn't let him hurt me or Jisung again.

He grew quiet. "I'm so sorry" he whispered. "God, I'm so sorry Y/N" he said, over and over again. I hesitantly hugged him back, crying out as well. I missed those times where I didn't have to worry, those times I could actually feel the happiness without being afraid to feel it. Why did everything have to go so wrong. The crying stopped after a while. I slowly let go again, feeling him back away as well. We both didn't say a word, not being able to find any to say. So many thoughts were raging through my mind, yet none came out. My mouth was silenced by an invisible lock, keeping them from opening.

All of a sudden light flooded into the basement. "You know, the two of you look adorable while hugging, I'm sure Jisung would like the picture I took" Hyunjin said happily again. "Y/N, I have a plan, but you have to follow my lead. Do you trust me?" Chris whispered, but I couldn't answer. Frankly, no. I didn't trust him, even if I wanted to, but did I really have another option now? Chris took my hand in his, a warm feeling once again flowing through my body.

We slowly walked up the stairs, towards Hyunjin, Chris leading the way. Hyunjin was still holding a knife in his hand, carelessly throwing it, then catching it again. He clearly had practiced. Chris looked back at me, giving me a weirdly reassuring smile before pulling me up faster. Just as Hyunjin had thrown the knife in the air Chris had shoved Hyunjin away, the two of us running out of the apartment

"But Jeongin!" I yelled, looking back at the building, which kept getting smaller and smaller. "I'll get him to safety later, but for now we need to get as far away as possible!" he shouted back. We ran and ran until our legs gave up, even then going on.

Jisung. I was finally free. I had to go to Jisung, as soon as possible. "Chris, I need to see Jisung" I exclaimed out of breath. We were in an open field, still hand in hand. "I'm already here" a voice called out. A voice that I had missed so terribly. Right in front of me stood Jisung, tears in his eyes. "Jisung!" I shouted, wanting to run up to him, but I got held back. Chris stood there, behind me, not letting go of my hand, tears in his eyes as well. "Y/N, don't leave me" he stated, instead only holding onto my hand tighter. My gaze went from Jisung to Chris, back and forth, my mind starting to spin.

Why was my heart aching so much?