28 ⭐

"How have you been" he asked awkwardly, clearly unsure of what to do. "Great" I simply cut him off, still not giving him even one glance. "Y/N-" he started, but was cut off by another voice calling out my name. I looked past Chris, seeing Jisung running up to us. He instantly swung his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"What do you want?" he asked, angrier than I've ever seen him. "You two... Are you together now?" I looked down, feeling more uncomfortable by the second. "Yeah, so what" Jisung answered again. Chris stayed quiet for a while. "Two hot choco's" the guy from behind the counter said. I instantly grabbed them, getting out of Jisung's grip and out of the situation.

"Let's go sunshine" Jisung said with a smile on his face, as fake as possible though. We both walked past Chris, who just stared at us. I looked back one more time, finally meeting his gaze. He didn't have tears in his eyes, yet they looked more pained then I had ever seen. My chest started to hurt from just his gaze, my head spinning. He had this effect on me. It would happen again and again, I wanted to look away but he wouldn't let me. My eyes were glued to his.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Jisung asked, snapping me out of it. I instantly looked back at Jisung, trying my best to smile. "It's fine, let's just go okay? I really want to go home..." Jisung kissed the top of my head, his hand finding it's way to mine. "Of course sunshine. I'm here for you okay? Don't forget that." I nodded, looking down in guilt. "Thank you... really."

All of a sudden Hyunjin wrapped his arms around Jisung's shoulder, Seungmin separating us and Jeongin following right after. "It's been a while hasn't it?" Hyunjin said with the most even smirk ever. Jisung instantly seemed to panick, looking at me with his eyes wide. "Jisung and I need to have a little chat, we'll be right back~" he said laughingly as he forcibly took Jisung away, Seungmin helping him.

I tried to run after them but Jeongin grabbed my hand, holding me back. "Jeongin, I have to stop them, please!" I begged him, but he wouldn't let go. He just looked at me, like he was scanning me or something. "At least just tell me they won't hurt him... Please just leave us alone... Things were finally going well again, please don't ruin us again." Jeongin pulled me out of the mall without saying a word, into a quiet yet beautiful park. We sat down on a bench, as he finally let go of me again.

"Did it hurt much?" He suddenly asked. Upon seeing my confused gaze he continued. "You got the messages I sent you right?" I looked up at him, eyes opening wider. "Wait, are you the one that sent me the picture?" He simply nodded, leaning back. "I didn't want to hurt you too much, but it would've been even worse if you were to find out later I guessed" he explained.

"It did hurt" I answered him. "It did, and still does." I tear escaped my eye. Jeongin wiped it away with his thumb, looking me right in the eyes. "Don't you wonder why? Why he, why we are doing this?" I backed away a little. "I do, but I'd rather not find out. I don't think I can handle hearing that right now" I replied honestly. Jeongin sat back down a bit further again, giving me some space.

"You know, I never wanted to be a part of this in the first place" he started, I figured to distract me from what could possibly be happening to Jisung. "I made the same mistake as Jisung. They helped me out, I trusted them, than made a stupid mistake. I either joined them, or would be threatened, like Jisung... At first I didn't want to have anything to do with them, but I broke. I couldn't take it anymore, which is why I joined. It feels so horrible, having to do this... That's why I admire you so much. Somehow you're surviving this, God knows how."

I looked at him, completely breaking down. I instinctively hugged him, not knowing what else to do. "I just wish I never trusted them in the first place" he cried out, all of his strength leaving his body. "Isn't there any possibility you can get out of it? Anything at all?" Jeongin shook his head. "I tried it all. I offered them money, tried to run away, but whatever I did, I just got pulled in deeper and deeper."

"That's why you were so kind to me..." I muttered. He simply didn't want me to experience what he did. "It must have been really hard for you" I added, causing him to break down once again after he finally seemed to have calmed down. "I was so afraid they'd hurt me if I told anyone." I held him tight, allowing him to let it all out. "They can't hurt you here, I won't tell them."

After a while Jeongin calmed down again, seeing more relieved. "Thank you Y/N, really. After all I did to you, I honestly didn't think you'd care." I smiled softly at him. "You were the reason I didn't exactly die in there, plus you really aren't a bad person... But I really need your help..." He nodded, ready to help in any way he could.

"I need to find a way to get those guys away from us... And to get Jisung back safely."