16 ⭐

His other hand suddenly found it's way to my forehead as he looked at me. "I think you might have a fever, you're quite red and you're burning up a little." I'm pretty sure that's not because of a fever though... "Should we go home? I don't want it to get worse" he said with a sad hint in his voice. He must have been really looking forward to this. "It's okay, we can stay here!" I tried to argue, but Jisung shook his head. "If you really do get sick Chris will literally murder me, so let's go home. Do you think you can walk on your own?" I nodded, a bit sad as well, but there was no arguing with Jisung.

We got home not too much later. Jisung practically forced me to lay in bed, putting a wet cloth on my forehead. "I'll tell Chris you're resting when he comes over, so just try to get some sleep okay?" I nodded, not really knowing what else to do. Chris should be here any minute... I wonder how he'll react when he finds out what happened last night, I hope he won't be too mad.

"Wait, Jisung!" I called out just before he closed the door behind him. He turned around again, looking at me with cute puppy eyes. "Thank you for just now... Even though we barely did anything, I still had fun." His smile grew instantly as he turned a bit shy. "Me too Y/N... I really enjoyed being with you." The doorbell rang, startling the both of us, then causing us to laugh again. "I should probably get that" he said laughingly, me nodding in response. "You probably should yeah." He quickly closed the door behind him as he walked downstairs.

As expected, Chris came by. Jisung and Chris stayed downstairs for quite some time, probably to let me rest, even though my mind was everything but calm. I could hear a yell downstairs, if I was correct from Chris. I sat up a little, trying to listen.

"What do you mean they broke in!?" Chris yelled in anger. "What about Y/N? Is she okay? Is she safe? God Jisung, I should've never let her come here!" Jisung instantly looked down, already feeling bad enough for not being able to do anything about it. "Y/N seemed okay... She was shaken up after it happened, but already seemed fine in the morning. I know this isn't ideal at all, but please let her stay here. She's finally beginning to feel comfortable, and she really needs a place where she can just be alone for a little while if she's feeling down, she needs her privacy."

Chris let out an enormous sigh. He knew Jisung was right, but he didn't like it at all. Of course, mainly the fact that she was in danger, but a tiny part of him knew that deep down it was jealousy, the girl he loved staying with another guy, his best friend. "Chris, I know circumstances aren't ideal, please let her stay here... And it might be best to not start about it, she already has a fever, I don't want it to get worse due to stress." Chris nodded eventually after taking it all in. "Let's let her decide what to do. If she wants to stay here, that's okay, but you have to promise me you'll take care of her while I'm gone okay?" Jisung nodded happily as he nudged his best friends' arm. "Now go see her you idiot."

I disliked it. Jisung. Not Jisung himself, but the effect he had on me. I couldn't like him, I shouldn't like him, not when Chris was already on my mind so much. When Chris quietly entered the room all of my thoughts disappeared, a soft smile coming in return. He instantly made all my worries disappear, just as easy as that. "How is my baby doing?" he asked as he kissed the top of my head. "Jisung told me you have a fever, so I just came early to check up on you."

My heart fluttered again as his hand brushed a strand of hair out of my face. The feeling definitely was different from with Jisung, come to think of it. Jisung made me feel flustered, but Chris gave me this warm feeling inside that made me feel oh so safe.

He removed the wet cloth, putting his hand on my forehead. "You're definitely hot, but your body temperature seems to be just fine" he said with a proud smirk on his face, causing me to grow even redder. "Oh come on, stop teasing me like that!" I ruffled his hair as some kind of attack, but he simply grabbed both my hands, holding them tight, slowly getting closer and closer.

Before I knew it he kissed me. It was a short, sweet kiss, one that gave you butterflies, one that created sparkles all around you. I closed my eyes, returning the kiss without even thinking. It all felt so right, so perfect, I couldn't have possibly asked for more. After a few seconds he broke off the kiss, staring at me with that stupidly adorable smile of his.

"Chris..." I whispered softly, not leaving his gaze. "What are we?" He grew a little flustered, but his smile never left. "You know, you totally just ruined my surprise" he said laughingly. His grip on my hands loosened up a little as he started caressing them with his thumbs. "Y/N, I know we haven't known each other for that long, but with you everything just feels so much better, I think about you every second of the day and already miss you when you're gone. Y/N, what I'm trying to say is... I like you, a lot. Will you complete me and be mine?"