Chapter 21

Our first show was outrageous. Normally, people don't even know the opening act, but when we got on stage, some people sang along.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people had no clue who we were. But by the end of each night, our CD's, vinyls, shirts, and posters were sold out.

The excitement settled down a few days after we hit the road. About a week into tour, Loki writes a song as we sit at the table "What are you writing?" Hela asks.

Loki doesn't even look up from his booklet "Fury is already hounding me for more music."

I furrow my brow "Would you like some help?"

He sighs "No, Thor. I've always written the music. It's fine, okay?"

I furrow my brow "What, do you not think we could do this as a group? Or that we can't?"

"No, that's not it." He states, before declaring "It's stressful, okay? I didn't want to stress everyone out."

I scoff, before getting up and grabbing my drum pad out of my bag. When I take a seat, I take the booklet from him as Hela and Heimdall grab their practice guitars from the storage space under the couch.

As I read through the lyrics and the note lengths, written neatly in a beautiful handwriting, a smile crosses my face, before I start a tap on the bass key.

"I'm thinking a tempo like this?" I ask and Loki gives a short nod "We have nine measures of rest, so we should start it off slow, let the tension build. The lyrics are dark and gory, let's make everyone feel like it's a horror movie."

As I start to make an unsettling muse on the upbeats, Hela greets the booklet and asks "What are you going to name this?"

Loki gives a weak smile "I was thinking about A is for Abuse. Thought the album could be The ABC's of Broken Minds."

Heimdall furrows his brow "Well, there's no way we're producing twenty-six songs."

Loki presses his lips into a fine line "Actually, I proposed the name of the album to Fury, expecting ten to thirteen songs... he called back saying that he's cleared twenty-six songs with his superiors..."

I furrow my brow "When did you find out about this?"

He looks out the window nervously and declares "The day before we left for Tampa."

A scowl at him "Loki-" I can see him flinch, but I can't stop myself from continuing "you should have told us, before you do shit like that!"

He stays silent, so I look to Heimdall "Run and grab the blank sheet music out of my bunk."

He walks off and I look to Hela "Think you could match a toon to the lyrics and my beat?"

She nods, before creating a trembling toon. When Heimdall comes back, he creates his own.

I give a weak smile "We've got the first six measures."

~

After that night's show in Dallas, Valkyrie drove us down to Houston, as we finished A is for Abuse. When we got their, we parked in the venue and Valkyrie and Kork went out to get into some trouble.

Maybe The Avengers went along, but we were to mentally exhausted, so we crashed.

During the middle of the night, Loki yelps in his sleep, waking me up in the process.

I roll out of bed and kneel next to him to find him wiping his eyes "Are you alright?"

He sniffled, before declaring "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I had a bad dream."

I give a weak smile, before asking "Do you wanna talk about it?" he shakes his, before I shrug "Wanna get something to eat?"

He sniffles "Where?" I give a little smile, before he asks "What, go outside?"

I shrug "We could. Or we could stay inside and talk."

It takes all of two minutes to get ready. As we walk towards the pho place across the street from the venue, Loki sighs "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, earlier. Or that I didn't involve you in the decision making process."

I shrug, before declaring "I'm not angry about it, Loki." I scoff "Don't get me wrong, I was a bit annoyed, but not angry."

He nods, before I sigh, regretfully "I'm sorry I raised my voice at you. I think I might've scared you."

He gives a weak smile "You did." I give an apologetic look and he shrugs "It reminded me of Laufey."

"I'm sorry." I state, before opening the door for him. Over our dinner, we crack jokes and fill up on vietnamese food.

"How do you get your performance clothes clean?" He asks as I  slurp pho broth.

I shrug "Spray them with vodka." He furrows his brow and I explain "Sometimes, I'd forget to wash my jockstrap for a good couple weeks, so I would spray it with vodka, so it only sorta smelt like dick sweat."

He presses his lips into a fine line "Thor, that's gross." I shrug and he jokes "Be glad you weren't on gay shifts, back then. Guys would definitely notice vodka masked dick sweat."

I scoff, before asking "Do you think The Avengers will ever speak to us? It's been over a week."

He shrugs "Just got to make one of them question their sexuality." He smirks at his joke, before declaring "Tony is, at least, half a knob-jockey."

I furrow my brow "I get that vibe from Steve." He chuckles and I ask "What?"

He gives a joyous look "Wouldn't it be funny, if they're friends with benefits, too?"

It hurts a bit, but I force out a chuckle "Who do you think would bottom? I think Tony."

He scoffs, before declaring "It's definitely Tony. He talks a big game, but I'm pretty sure he's overcompensating."

As he slurps his broth, I can't help but wonder if he says shit like that on purpose, just so he can hide the fact that he likes me.

After a second, I decide that he just doesn't see me like that.