Chapter 24

It was decided that all of us would come together in the end and sing Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie.

Needless to say, our rehearsal stage was packed. On piano, Natasha and Mantis. On drums, there was Drax, Banner, and myself. On bass, was Hela, Steve, and Groot. On guitar, was Heimdall, Peter, Rocket, and Baron. And on vocals, was Loki, Carol, Tony, Nebula, and Gamora.

A grand total of seventeen people, and twelve music instruments, on one stage, for four minutes.

Tony and Loki were supposed to mimic David Bowie, but none of the girls could manage Freddie's high note.

We stop halfway through the song and I can hear them speaking "I don't understand how Freddie managed it." Nebula remarks.

Loki takes a gulp of water, before sighing "Do you mind switching parts with me, for just one take?"

Carol gives a doubting look "And you're going to go for Freddie's high note?"

"Yeah." Loki nods, before shrugging "It might take me down to my knees, but I'll give it a shot."

They look between one another, before Gamora sighs "Don't hurt yourself."

Loki hums, before clacking his tongue a bit. After a minute, we start up again and he holds his mic, firmly.

He starts the song in an octave I've only heard him use in the bedroom. Hela and I share a strange look as he slowly gets higher.

By this end of it, he sounds oddly like a balloon that was released with a hole in it.

But, he ends it on his feet, and it was the correct note. When it's over, the rest of us look at him in shock.

He gets a sip of water, before explaining "My vocal cords didn't form right, so I can range from tuba to piccolo." He shrugs "I could do a couple of other weird things, like..."

He puts the microphone back up to his lips and starts a weird thing that sounds inhuman. I can only explain it as the sound of the outback.

When he stops, he shrugs "Tibetan Throat Singing. I've been able to do it since I was fourteen."

Tony furrows his brow, before declaring "You are one weird dude." Loki hums, before taking another sip of water.

~

After the final show, we raided our mini fridges and met back up in the banquette hall to celebrate the end of our tour.

When the pineapple rum, and the peach schnapps is gone, I look around for my band members. Heimdall is talking to Steve. Neither of them seem phased, and I know for a fact that they had, at least, six drinks.

Hela is gone. The fuck if I know where she is. Loki is not in sight, but Fin sits next to me.

In worry, I take hold of his lead and walk out of the banquette hall. As I trace the walk to our room, I don't find him seizing out on the floor.

But when I get to our room, I open the door to find Tony Stark pounding into Loki.

They stop dead in their tracks when they notice me. I grit my teeth and let Fin go, before turning and shutting the door.

When I get back to the banquette hall, Valkyrie has somehow gotten a bottle of tequila.

I tap Kork on the shoulder and he smiles "Does this place have a gym?" I ask.

He nods, before declaring "I would have to go with you." I nod, before he hands his shot to Valkyrie.

As we walk through the lobby, he asks "Why the midnight gym run?"

I shrug and ask "Have you ever had a fuck buddy?" He shakes his head, before I sigh "I feel in love with mine. And I just found out that my buddy is fucking someone else."

He gives a short nod "So you are going to this gym to work out some frustration or anger from when you found out your friend, who has intercourse with you, is having intercourse with one of their friends? Am I correct?"

As we walk into the gym, the word 'friend' of the thought of Tony, angers me.

I turn to him and shake my head "He is not his friend! You know why?" I hum, before declaring "Because if I ever see his face again, I'm going to break it!"

He furrows his brow "Your fuck buddy isn't your friend or this male person your fuck buddy is fucking isn't your fuck buddy's friend?" He gives a confused look "Or the guy your fuck buddy is fucking isn't your friend?" He gives an even more confused look "Or you're all friends, but it's a 'friend of my enemy' situation."

He shakes his head and continues, before I can say something "That last one wouldn't work, because your friends with your fuck buddy and theirs no enemy." He comes to an epiphany "Unless you don't like the man your fuck buddy is having intercourse with, and, in association, you don't like your fuck buddy anymore! And you might want to break his face when you see him!" He furrows his brow and declares "But if you love your fuck buddy, then why would you break his face?"

I rub my forehead and ask "Can you keep a secret?"

He nods, before explaining "Valkyrie and Hela had sex last week, and I've kept it a secret."

I consider it for a moment, before telling him "It's Loki, alright?" He presses his lip into a fine line and I continue "I've been having sex with Loki, and now he's sleeping with Tony Stark." I shake my head "And I don't know who to be angry at. Loki or Stark."

He shakes his head "You two were never together. You shouldn't be angry at either." I sigh and scratch my forehead "Does Loki love you?"

I shake my head "I don't know." He presses his lips into a fine line and I ask "Think I could sleep on the tour bus tonight?"