Chapter 35

When we walk into the ICU room, I furiously look for any difference in his appearance.

The only difference, is a couple of bandages on his head. Other than that, he looks like a regular sleeping Loki.

I smile at him, before the doctor clears his throat "I'll get you guys a few chairs."

As he walks away, I step up to Loki and look at him, tiredly "Hello, Love." I whisper.

All of the sudden, Hela starts speaking into her phone "Update, Loki is out of surgery. He's looking pretty good. The doctor thinks he's sleep most of the day, but we're going to hang around for awhile."

I glare at her and she turns to show Loki "There's sleeping beauty." She shows me "And Grouchy."

I cock an eyebrow to her and she quickly posts it, before putting her phone down.

A couple of nurses wheel in some chairs, and Strange follows "I've gotta do my rounds, but if you've got any questions-"

"Can I hold his hand?" I interrupt and he nods, before looking to Fin "We can't have him on the bed, can we?"

He glances over Loki's sheet, before declaring "Has he been groomed within the past few days?"

"Yesterday." Heimdall tells him and the doctor nods, before Heimdall asks "If he needs to go back into surge-"

"He won't." The doctor states, before remarking "I'm much too good to have fucked this up. He'll be fine."

He motions Fin up and Fin leaps onto the bed to lay on Loki's feet. The doctor tapes his clipboard "I'll be back in a few hours, to check on him."

When I take a seat next to Loki, I take his hand in mine and rest my head on the edge of the bed.

After a few hours, I can hear Carol's stomach grumbling. When I turn to look at her, I order "Go get something to eat. I'm going to stay with him."

Hela shakes her head "You haven't eaten anything today. You're coming with us."

I give a stubborn look and Carol gives a warm smile "He's not going anywhere, Thor."

After a moment, I kiss his hand and whisper "I'll be back soon." Fin perks up as I stand "Come on boy, you should go for a potty break."

~

As we sit in the cafeteria, I stare down at my empty plate and declare "I'm going to ask him."

They give me a confused look and I clarify "The day after he's home, I'm going to propose."

Heimdall smiles at that, before reminding "We've got a keyboard in the van. We can set up base in a waiting room and I can help you perfect it."

I moisten my lips, before asking "What if he says no?"

Hela gives a confused look, before asking "What makes you think that would happen?"

I give a weak smile "You saw the way you reacted when Jeff asked him about it."

Carol gives a confused look and Heimdall explains "Jeff is The Grandmaster's real name."

When Carol nods, Hela sighs "Loki loves you, Thor!" she shakes her head "Do you not see the way he looks at you?"

I furrow my brow and declare "Marriage is insanely different from dating!"

Hela shakes her head "No it's not. It's a slip of paper."

Carol continues "It means that, even if you fuck around, you have a long ass time to make up, before you can marry someone else."

Hela motions between Carol and her "That's why we're fiped for domestic partnership, so if one of us fucks up, we can boot each other right out."

"But also, so we can be considered family, in a medical environment." Carol explains.

I give an unamused look, before Carol smiles "But it's romantic, I guess. Wanting to be legally involved with someone."

Hela nods, before asking "Where did you put the ring?"

I give a proud smile "In the piano. On the key strings."

~

The next day, around noon, Loki opens his eyes and the first word out of his mouth are "My head is killing me!"

A smile spread across my face as he looks around. He quickly shields his eyes from the light "Close the blinds, please!"

Instantly, we move to close them and he squints his eyes, before pressing the morphine release button.

"Easy with that!" Strange insists as he steps in "How's your head feeling Mister Laufeyson?"

Loki squints his eyes and asks "Have you ever seen those videos over people wrapping rubber bands around watermelons?" When the doctor nods, Loki points to his head "That's how it feels."

The doctor nods, before looking to Loki's vitals. After a moment, Loki hums "I'm feeling much better."

The doctor chuckles "That'll be the morphine." Loki hums, before the doctor pulls out a ball "I'm going to ask you to squeeze the ball for me."

Loki quickly passes the cognitive function test, before the doctor asks "I'm going to move you out of the ICU, okay?"

Loki hums and the doctor hands over a piece of paper, causing Loki to smile, tiredly "Is this a lunch order?"

The doctor nods "Yeah, it is." He pats Loki's shoulder "Fill it out and give it to the nurse when you get down to your new room."

Loki nods, before motioning down "When do I get the piss tube out?" The doctor chuckles.

He motions towards Loki's crotch "When we're sure you can get to the bathroom without help."

Loki nods, before taking my hand. As we help a nurse wheel Loki into his new room, he asks me "Should I get meatloaf or pasta?"

I smile at him "I would recommend the chocolate cake." He hums, before checking it off "If I were you, I'd get the meatloaf."

He scrunches his nose and asks "Who the fuck get strawberry milk?" I chuckle at him and he furrows his brow at me "The fuck are you laughing at?"

I shake my head and raise a hand in surrender.