Chapter 36

After an agonizing few weeks, I look to Hela, Carol, and Heimdall, nervously, as Loki walks downstairs to find me behind the piano.

He smiles "What are you doing?"

"Heimdall has been teaching me piano." I state as he leans against the front of it "Wanna see?"

He shrugs, before sitting next to me at the bench "What song did you learn?" He asks.

I smile at him as I rest my fingers over the keys "You'll find out."

As I start playing, Loki looks at me instantly. A smile spreads across my lips as I continue "I've waited a hundred years." I glance to him, to find him entrapped "And I'd wait a million more for you!"

"Nothing prepared me for, but the privilege of being yours would do." He rest his forehead on my shoulder and I look to Carol to tell her to put the ring on top of the piano.

As she does, I continue on singing "If I had only felt the warmth within your touch! If I had only seen how smile when you blush!" He looks up to me and I smile at him "Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough! Well, I would've known, what I was living for all along! What I've been living for..."

He kisses my shoulder as the tempo speeds up "Your love is my turning page! And only the sweetest words remain!"

As he kisses my shoulder again, he wraps his arms around my waist "Every kiss is a cursive line! Every touch is a redefining phrase!"

"I surrender who I've been, for who you are! Oh, nothing makes me stronger than, your fragile heart! If I had only felt how it feels to be yours, oh, I would've known, what I've been living for, all along! What I've been living for."

As I sweep into the last few lines, he runs my back "Oh we're tethered, to the story we must tell! When I saw you-" I chuckle softly "Oh, I knew we'd tell it well!"

"With a whisper, we will tame the vicious sea! Like a feather, bringing kingdoms to their knees."

When I wrap off the song, Loki whispered "Do you have any idea how much I love you?"

I motion towards the ring "You love me that much?" He furrows his brow, before glancing towards the ring, as a smile spreads across his face.

~

We played the New Year's Eve show in New York. And when the ball dropped, Loki and I shared our first public kiss, as husband, and, well, husband.

And if you were wondering, we eloped, spent a month in a bed in Jamaica, and then explained, after the fact. No wedding photos, or parties. Norms knows that parties never go in our favor.

*THE END*